0901 Mayoral Staff XIII
|Date Opened||10/10/2019 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/26/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
· A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
· More than 5 years of work experience, 3 years of progressive high level administrative support
· A self-motivated attitude and eagerness to contribute
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong time management skills and the ability to work across multiple deadlines while not losing track of deliverables
· Effectively manage an executive calendar
· Flexibility - the ability to adjust to changing priorities, and multi-task under pressure
· Proactive in anticipating and adapting to the needs of a senior executive
· Ability to handle confidential information
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.