Senior Community Development Specialist II
Volunteer Services Manager
|Department||Recreation and Parks|
|Date Opened||11/7/2019 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/22/2019 1:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$108,368.00 - $131,742.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent PBT|
The Volunteer Services Manager:
4. Oversees the San Francisco Internship program, including project proposals, recruitment process, and implementation of program objectives.
5. Manages the Eco Center facility and staff; provides guidance, support and resources for Eco Center community engagement; supports development and process of programming to bring additional opportunities to Bayview community residents.
6. Manages volunteer budget comprising of donations and expenditures; develops year-round calendar to promote recreational events.
7. Plans, coordinates and delivers interdepartmental and cross-sector projects and programs including, but not limited to: Greenagers Program and Youth Stewardship Program.
8. Oversees the development and implementation of lean process evaluation and implements new software to support business processes.
9. Develops and implements new policies and procedures.
10. Performs other related duties as required.
- Five (5) or more years of experience serving in a role dedicated to volunteer programs.
- Experience leading a large workforce of diverse people with different culture, backgrounds and opinions.
- Experience working collaboratively with community-based organizations and leaders of underserved communities.
How To Apply
Candidates will be prompted to complete a Supplemental Questionnaire as part of the online employment application. This Minimum Qualification Supplemental Questionnaire is designed to obtain specific information regarding an applicant's experience in relation to the Minimum Qualifications for this position. Applicants must also complete the official application. It is essential that applicants provide complete information in identifying their education, experience and training. The Minimum Qualification Supplemental Questionnaire will be used to evaluate if the applicant possesses the required minimum qualifications
Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and special condition will be provided a Supplemental Questionnaire Evaluation via email after the closing of this filing period. The Supplemental Questionnaire Evaluation weighted score will be used to measure knowledge, skills, and abilities in job-related areas identified as critical for this Senior Community Development Specialist II position. All relevant experience, education and/or training must be included in the Supplemental Questionnaire Evaluation in order to be reviewed in the rating process.
The Recreation and Park Department may administer additional position-specific selection procedures to make final hiring decisions for position(s) in class 0922 Manager I. Candidate scores on this examination may also be applied to other announcements involving other job titles, when directed by the Human Resources Director. Only those candidates deemed best qualified will continue in the departmental selection process, which may consist of an oral interview and/or performance exercise.
A confidential eligible list of applicant names that have passed the civil service examination process will be created and used for certification purposes only. An examination score report will be established, so applicants can view the ranks, final scores and number of eligible candidates. Applicant information, including names of applicants on the eligible list, shall not be made public unless required by law. However, an eligible list shall be made available for public inspection, upon request, once the eligible list is exhausted or expired and referrals resolved. The eligible list/score report resulting from this civil service examination process is subject to change after adoption (e.g., as a result of appeals), as directed by the Human Resources Director or the Civil Service Commission.
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All City and County of San Francisco employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law (California Government Code Section 3100-3109). Employment with the City requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.
Additional Information: General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures may be found online at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20.
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.