5304 Materials Testing Aide
|Department||San Francisco Public Works|
|Date Opened||10/14/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/29/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$32.09 - $39.00/hour; $5,562.00 - $6,760.00/month; $66,742.00 - $81,120.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent PBT|
Collects soils samples in the field; assists, under immediate supervision in making soils tests to determine if proper materials or compaction of earth fill is being secured; tests other construction materials in accordance with instructions.
Keeps testing equipment in clean and good condition; cleans testing laboratory.
Makes calculations and keeps simple records of tests performed.
How To Apply
- Select the desired job announcement PBT-5304-100441
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.