1053 IS Business Analyst - Senior
|Date Opened||12/27/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/21/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$103,246.00 - $129,896.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent PBT|
Within the Finance and Administration Division, the Port’s Information Technology group consists of Business Applications and Infrastructure teams. We support the Port’s mission, strategic plan, and daily operations with a focus on positive relationships with and quality service to everyone associated with the Port.
This position reports to the Business Applications Manager responsible for providing business analysis, requirements gathering, application interface and report development and support, and ongoing production support for the Port’s various business applications. The IT group in general, and the Business Applications team in specific, works in a collaborative and cohesive fashion that relies heavily on frequent interaction and commitment to knowledge transfer, cross-training, and excellent customer service.
· Work closely with Port Business Applications team peers and business users to provide comprehensive production maintenance and support of the Port’s various systems and business applications to ensure optimal uninterrupted daily operations.
· Grow into and assume a lead role in administering and supporting our PROPworks revenue and property management system. This includes support for system updates and upgrades, maintenance and development of reports, and integrations with the City’s PeopleSoft systems as well as our ESRI GIS and Arches project tracking systems.
· Be flexible in adapting to and providing support for all Port business applications. Provide and receive frequent knowledge transfers and cross-training to ensure confidence.
· Coordinate and lead frequent engagement with our business users to ensure our business applications are performing optimally and that requirements are updated and documented.
· Collaborate with Port Business Applications team peers and business users to maintain, support, and troubleshoot the Port’s various application interfaces to/from the City’s Peoplesoft HCM, Financials, and Supply Chain Management system.
· Collaborate with Port Business Applications team peers, business users, and third-party vendors to efficiently respond to, troubleshoot, and successfully resolve reported problems. Maintain issues and enhancement request logs.
· Participate in periodic application upgrade and maintenance projects, serving in a Techno-Functional Business Analyst - Lead or Support role as requested.
· Assist Port Business Applications team peers, business users, third-party vendors, and external consultants on projects as requested, following IT standard and best practices.
· Work closely with Port Business Applications team peers and business users to create test plans and test scripts.
· Prepare training materials and user guides, and provide one-on-one, small group, and classroom style training to Port business users.
· Prepare user and application support, documentation, and provide training as needed.
· Communicate frequently and regularly with Business Applications team peers regarding ongoing production maintenance and support tasks, documentation efforts, learning opportunities, and enhancements to systems.
· Positively engage in continuous communication, relationship building, team building, and teamwork efforts to ensure team cohesiveness and organizational improvement and success.
· Act as an advocate for organizational change while working with Port IT management to identify opportunities for improvements in efficiency and data security.
· Provide excellent customer service to our business users and positive collaboration with Business Application team peers and everyone associated with the Port and City.
· Be committed to working in a collaborative team environment with a 50/50 split technical/functional focus.
· Engage with business stakeholders and users to ensure that reporting needs are met.
· Collaborate with Port Business Applications team peers and business users to provide analysis, design, development, and maintenance of enterprise reports and dashboards in support of the Port’s long-term strategy to become more data-driven (using enterprise reporting tools such as OBIEE, PeopleSoft Query Manager, Oracle BI Publisher, Microsoft Power BI, JasperReports/Jaspersoft Studio, and Oracle Reports 10g.
· Perform analysis tasks and create database queries using SQL to ensure data accuracy, consistency, integrity, and performance.
How To Apply
Minimum Qualifications Supplemental Questionnaire (MQSQ - Qualifying)
Applicants will be prompted to complete a Minimum Qualifications Supplemental Questionnaire (MQSQ) as part of the online application process. All applicants must complete the MQSQ and it must be submitted with the application by the final filing deadline. The information provided on the Supplemental Questionnaire must be consistent with the information on the application and is subject to verification. Applicant responses to the MQSQ will be used to assist in determining if applicants meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Supplemental Questionnaire (SQ - Weight: 100%)
The purpose of the Supplemental Questionnaire (SQ) is to evaluate the experience, knowledge, skills and abilities that candidates possess in job-related areas, which have been identified as critical for this position and include, but are not limited to: knowledge and understanding of SDLC processes; support of enterprise software applications (standard and custom modules and code); knowledge and extensive use of various querying and reporting tools.
Eligible List/Score Report
A confidential eligible list of applicant names that have passed the civil service examination process will be created and used for certification purposes only. An examination score report will be established, so applicants can view the ranks, final scores and number of eligible candidates. Applicant information, including names of applicants on the eligible list, shall not be made public unless required by law. However, an eligible list shall be made available for public inspection, upon request, once the eligible list is exhausted or expired and referrals resolved. The eligible list/score report resulting from this civil service examination process is subject to change after adoption (e.g., as a result of appeals), as directed by the Human Resources Director or the Civil Service Commission.
The duration of the eligible list resulting from this examination process will be 12 months and may be extended with the approval of the Human Resources Director.
Upon approval of the Human Resource Director (see Civil Service Rule 111A.26.5), the eligible list/score report resulting from this announcement may be used by other departments that also use this classification or a similar classification. To find other Departments which use this classification, please see https://sfdhr.org/sites/default/files/documents/ASO-Level-Chart.pdf?documentID=21246
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
Terms of Announcement:
Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf.
The terms of this announcement may be appealed under Civil Service Rule 111A.35.1. The standard for the review of such appeals is ‘abuse of discretion’ or ‘no rational basis’ for establishing the position description, the minimum qualifications and/or the certification rule. Appeals must include a written statement of the item(s) being contested and the specific reason(s) why the cited item(s) constitute(s) abuse of discretion by the Human Resources Director. Appeals must be submitted directly to the Executive Officer of the Civil Service Commission within five business days of the announcement issuance date.
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at: http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process#applicantswithdisabilities
Information regarding requests for Veterans Preference can be found at: http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process#veteranspreference
Seniority Credit in Promotional Exams:
Information regarding seniority credit can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#senioritycredit
Micki Callahan, Director
Department of Human Resources
Exam Type: Combined Promotive and Entrance (CPE)
Issued: December 27, 2019
Port/SL (415) 274-0569
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.