2322 Nurse Manager (Nurse Informatics)
Epic Training Manager
|Department||Department of Public Health|
|Date Opened||1/8/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$76.33 - $111.13/hour; $13,230.00 - $19,262.00/month; $158,756.00 - $231,140.00/year|
|Job Type||CBT Discrete|
The 2322 Clinical Informatics Epic Training Manager will lead a team of clinical and technical staff in change management, innovation, operational planning, implementation, and training, and provide recommendations for the future direction of health informatics. This includes evaluating new healthcare technologies and determining benefits to patient care; Leading governance committees and advisory councils and working closely with departmental Associate Clinical Healthcare Informatics Officers (ACHIOs); Assessing operational gaps and needs and creating mitigation strategies; Supporting end users of current systems, and supporting integration and adoption with planned systems, the Epic enterprise healthcare record and other pending technologies; Evaluating and optimizing electronic documentation for care, business intelligence, decision support, regulatory requirements and financial incentives; Aligning departmental operations with best practices, and presenting to executive committees and Information Technology Leadership to inform on plans and/or status of major initiatives.
• Optimize, lead, and support a robust, multidiscipline Epic Training program within the organization;
• Act as a consultant and clinical information systems expert between departments, clinicians, health workers, vendors, and internal and external customers regarding electronic system development, implementation, issues, and recommendations and utilization of best practices;
• Collaborate with IT, business, and clinical leaders to operationalize health system strategies and requirements involving strategic informatics implementation plans for Epic, inclusive of new functionality, governance structures related to data collection, retrieval, analysis and interpretation to assist in optimization of patient outcomes and/or effectiveness, and efficiency (through the use of clinical decision support tools and embedded Evidence Based Practice where appropriate);
• Work with Kaizen Promotional Office (KPO) to develop workflows, reduce waste using analysis, Lean processes, and metric development;
• Prepare reports and use Lean and project management documents to set forth progress, show adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations and/or conclusions;
• Collaborate with nursing, physicians, pharmacists, and departmental management and quality and compliance leaders;
• Participate as a content expert to design the framework that surrounds the informatics processes for assessment, diagnosis, patient and family education, identification of outcomes, planning, implementation and evaluation;
• Utilize the knowledge and skills of clinical practice to determine the appropriate informatics workflow for clinical or related functions when appropriate, ensuring consistency with professional standards of practice and mandated requirements;
• Evaluate workflows and recommend re-engineering of processes around utilization of computerized applications (Epic) to improve the workflow relating to patient care and to maximize departmental and organizational efficiency and effectiveness;
• Ensure process design is an integral part of technology design and implementation by identifying critical success factors, resource requirements, prerequisites, optimal processes, and recommended system configurations;
• Foster relationships with management and other San Francisco Health Network (SFHN) departments (such as IT, Quality, Utilization Review, KPO, Revenue Cycle, Transitions of Care, Epidemiologists, Clinical Departments, Ambulatory Care, Behavioral Health, ACHIOs and Finance) to ensure efficient, effective communication and workflow to meet the requirements involved with replacing systems and developing Epic functionality;
• Work with the Security and Privacy Office to make sure configuration meets with SFHN and regulatory privacy and security policy;
• In collaboration with operations and clinical staff leaders, identify essential education and competency needs in the use of electronic tools for patient care and management, and assure the development of an appropriate education and competency validation plan;
• Provide on-going end user Epic and key systems education and support, with upgrades, new releases, enhanced functionality, and new modules;
• Plan and execute programs and activities that contribute to individual and group staff development and capacity building;
• Maintain a working knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, and private laws and regulations in relation to clinical documentation and electronic medical records.
The 2322 Nurse Manager - Nurse Informatics may perform other duties as assigned.
1a. LICENSE: Possession of a valid, including temporary or interim, California Registered Nurse License issued by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN); AND
1b. EDUCATION: A Master's degree in Nurse Informatics from a Nurse Informatics training program.
2a. LICENSE: Possession of a valid, including temporary or interim, California Registered Nurse License issued by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN); AND
2b. EDUCATION: Possession of a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and/or university in Nursing, Nursing Administration or a closely related field; AND
2c.EXPERIENCE: Two (2) Years of verifiable experience as a Registered Nurse in Nurse Informatics, which includes the use of information structures, information processes, nursing science, and information technology to support nurses, consumers, patients, the inter-professional health care team, and other stakeholders in their decision making.
Up to two (2) years of additional experience in the designated specialty area may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis. Thirty (30) semester or forty-five (45) quarter units equal one year. One (1) year (2000 hours) of work experience is equivalent to 30 Semester Credits or 45 Quarter Credits.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
The above minimum qualifications reflect special conditions associated with the position(s) to be filled. They may differ from the standard minimum qualifications associated with this classification.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited college and/or university in Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Informatics or a closely related field.
Epic Analyst or Training Certification.
Two (2) years supervisory experience.
Five (5) years of experience managing a Nurse Informatics/EHR Training Team.
Six (6) years of experience in acute hospital and/or ambulatory nursing.
Experience working on a full scale upgrade or implementation of Epic
Experience working on a full scale upgrade or implementation of an Electronic Medical Records System.
Verification of Experience: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#verification
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
Verification of Education: If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
How To Apply
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Disaster Service Workers
Statement on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
At the City and County of San Francisco, we share a commitment to a diverse, inclusive and equitable community. Each member of our organization is responsible and accountable for what they say and do to make San Francisco an inclusive and equitable place to live and work by employing fair and just practices to and for all.
Valid licensure/certification/registration as a requirement to perform the job must be kept current throughout length of employment. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of required valid licensure/certification/registration may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
Information regarding California Registered Nurse (RN) Licenses may be obtained from the California Board of Registered Nursing, 400 R Street, Suite 4030, P.O. Box 944210, Sacramento, CA 94244-2100, telephone: (916) 322-3350. Web address: http://www.rn.ca.gov/
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate Requirement/Provision:
Possession of a valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate issued by the American Heart Association is required as a provision to employment for all positions. Candidates who do not possess such a certification may participate in this examination process and be appointed to a position(s), but will be required to obtain the certificate within two (2) weeks of hire date and maintain validity throughout length of employment. A photocopy of the valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate must be provided to the appropriate supervisor of the appointment within the allotted time frame. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of valid certification within two (2) weeks of hire date and throughout length of employment may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
Note on ICARE:
Department of Public Health (DPH) employees are expected to demonstrate world class care in alignment with Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center's (ZSFG) caring framework, ICARE (I-Introduce, C-Connect, A-Ask, R-Respond, E-Exit).
Note on Electronic Health Record (EHR):
The Department of Public Health (DPH) is implementing a unified Electronic Health Record (EHR) system and DPH employees must demonstrate competency in the use of the system that is appropriate for their classification as a condition of employment.
Note on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
Some positions in the Department of Public Health will require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), including but not limited to gloves, gowns, eye and face protection, and face-fitting respirators. The requirement for the use of PPE may come on short or no notice. Facial hair or any condition that interferes with a face-fitting respirator’s seal (i.e. comes between the sealing surfaces of the respirator and the wearer’s bare skin) is not permitted when face-fitting respirators are worn, including during initial or periodic respirator fit-testing. Employees who choose not to shave and do not have either American Disabilities Act (ADA) or Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Accommodations do not have the right to alternate work assignments or the option of using a loose-fitting Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) in place of a Face Fitting Respirator.
Condition of Employment: Highest Educational Achievement
Due to the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment 1988, all applicants who are selected for a position will be required to provide verification of highest level of education achieved. Applicants must meet one of the following conditions:
1. Have earned a doctoral, master's, or bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science (including nursing), or medical technology from an accredited institution; OR
2. Have earned an associate degree in a chemical, physical or biological science (including nursing) or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution.
Condition of Employment (Security Clearance):
Security clearance as issued by the Sheriff’s Department is required as a condition of employment for all positions at the Jail Health Services. Eligibles who have successfully participated in the examination process, received passing scores and have been selected for hire will be required to obtain the security clearance prior to appointment. A photocopy of the security clearance must be provided to the supervisor on or before date of hire. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of security clearance may result in a dismissal and/or termination of employment.
Note: Failure to meet these criteria and/or ‘Conditions of Employment’ within two (2) weeks PRIOR to the start work date may result in the delay of appointment and/or cancellation of the employment offer. Once appointed, all qualified candidates/employees will be required to retain these qualifications throughout their length of employment. Failure to demonstrate (show proof) of qualifications may result in the termination of employment.
Medical Examination/Drug Testing:
Prior to appointment, at the Department's expense, applicants may be required to take a tuberculosis (TB) screening test, a medical examination and/or drug test.
Terms of Announcement:
Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. [Note: The correction of clerical errors in an announcement may be posted on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf.]
The terms of this announcement may be appealed under Civil Service Rule 110.4. Such appeals must be submitted in writing to the Department of Human Resources, 1 S Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103-5413 by close of business on the 5th business day following the issuance date of this examination announcement. Information concerning other Civil Service Commission Rules involving announcements, applications and examination policies, including applicant appeal rights, can be found on the Civil Service Commission website at http://sfgov.org/civilservice/rules.
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20
Copies of Application Documents: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#copies
Right to Work: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#identification
Information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation:
Information regarding requests for Veterans Preference can be found at:
Seniority Credit in Promotional Exams: Information regarding seniority credit can be found at:
Exam Type: CPE
Issued: January 8, 2021
Acting Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: CBT-2322-902895
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|