2322 Nurse Manager (Ambulatory Care)
|Analyst||Margarita Gonzalez Diaz|
|Date Opened||5/27/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/26/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$74.10 - $107.89/hour; $12,844.00 - $18,701.00/month; $154,128.00 - $224,406.00/year|
|Job Type||CBT Discrete|
**Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as this recruitment may close at any time but no earlier than June 10, 2020.**
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Under general supervision, the Nurse Manager (Ambulatory Care) supervises the delivery and evaluation of nursing care and the care environment in various Ambulatory Care settings.
The Nurse Manager [Ambulatory Care] performs the following essential job functions:
- Directs and manages nursing care on assigned units during unit operating hours;
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care using patient outcomes data;
- Provides clinical leadership within the institution;
- Provides the framework for planning, directing, coordinating, providing, and improving care, treatment and services to respond to community and patient needs and improve health care outcomes;
- Demonstrates excellent communication and critical thinking skills to effectively plan and problem-solve; collaborates with the unit-based Interdisciplinary Team;
- Ensures unit compliance to regulatory standards, represents nursing and primary care in a variety of meetings and committees;
- Maintains, monitors and promotes a patient-centered philosophy which supports the autonomy, dignity and rights of patients and their loved ones; AND
- Ensures staff coverage for clinic operations for the unit using OneStaff Staffing Scheduling Systems.
The 2322 Nurse Manager–Ambulatory Care also performs other related duties as required.
Essential Duties Related to the Tuberculosis (TB) Clinic (applicable only to the Nurse Manager assigned to this position):
- Provides oversight and Quality Assurance (QA) processes for medication packing and pharmacy-based blister packed medications;
- Participates in TB control administrative/manager meetings, nursing management meetings and serves as liaison between nursing management and TB Control Section nursing and other TB Control Sections;
- Participates in TB-specific training for community providers, students, community based organizations, and other health care professionals;
- Participates in TB-specific training at regional TB training centers; AND
- Maintains occupational health program for the screening of employees for select communicable diseases (Aerosol Transmissible Diseases (ATD), Face-Fitting Respirator fit testing, and TB screening).
- LICENSE: Possession of a valid, including temporary or interim, California Registered Nurse License issued by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN); AND
- EDUCATION: Possession of a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and/or university in Nursing, Nursing Administration or a closely related field; AND
- EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years (equivalent to 4,000 hours) of experience as a Registered Nurse in a general acute care hospital, ambulatory clinic, or community/public health setting, including one (1) year (equivalent 2,000 hours) in a supervisory capacity, within the last five (5) years.
How To Apply
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Margarita Gonzalez Diaz, by telephone at (415) 554-2921, or by email at Margarita Gonzalez Diaz.
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.