H008 Per Diem Paramedic
|Date Opened||5/4/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$33.65 - $56.94/hour|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
Appointment Type: Temporary Exempt. In accordance with Charter Section 10.104, Category 16, temporary or seasonal appointments may be made, not to exceed 1,040 work hours in any given fiscal year. These appointments will be made on an as-needed, per diem work schedule.
This is a deep classification encompassing two levels: Level I EMT and Level II Paramedic. The Fire Department is currently seeking to hire only Level II Paramedic employees to staff the ambulance transport component of its Emergency Medical Services Division on a per diem, as-needed basis.
Level II - Paramedic Job Description: Under general supervision, responds to medical and other emergencies and engages in life support and life saving activities; performs emergency medical services (EMS) and fire hazard assessment duties; maintains equipment; staffs and drives an ambulance to provide initial emergency medical care in a pre-hospital setting; evaluates and administers advanced first aid, basic life support and life maintenance measures in accordance with Emergency Medical Service Agency (EMSA) policies and procedures, including CPR, definitive therapeutic care at the scene of an emergency or during transport of persons; protects the privacy of patients treated by SFFD, safeguards patient information and uses and discloses patient information in accordance with the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the privacy practices of SFFD; may perform duties of either driving ambulances, EMT-P attendant, Fire / EMS dispatching and other related duties as assigned; works on an as-needed, per diem basis, including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays; shift to be determined by operational requirements.
1. A high school diploma or an equivalency certificate (e.g., G.E.D., California High School Proficiency Certificate)
2. Possession of a current and valid California Paramedic license issued by the State of California and the ability to accredit as a Paramedic with the local EMS Authority in accordance with SF EMSA Policy 2040 (prior to appointment)
3. Possession of a current and valid Class A, B or C driver license issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles
4. For Applicants employed by private Ambulance Providers only: Possession of a current and valid Ambulance Driver Certificate and DL51 Medical Examiners Certificate (Note: Applicants employed by municipal Fire Departments are exempt from this requirement.)
5. Minimum 19 years of age to apply and 20 years of age at time of appointment
6. Experience as stated on the classification description. Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
Current accreditation with the San Francisco EMS Agency at the time of application filing
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|