2218 Physician Assistant
|Date Opened||11/30/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$75.98 - $107.55/hour; $13,169.00 - $18,642.00/month; $158,028.00 - $223,704.00/year|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
2218 Physician Assistant
Appointment Type: This is a Temporary Exempt (TEX) appointment, as-needed not to exceed six (6) months or 1,040 hours. This position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer.
Location: Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (ZSFG), 1001 Potrero Ave., San Francisco, CA
Shift/Hours: Varies, mostly nights and weekends
General Job Description:
Under the supervision of the Rape Treatment Center (RTC) Supervising Physician and utilizing a Delegation of Services Agreement, the Physician Assistant will deliver medical and forensic care to adult, adolescent and pediatric victims of sexual assault in this joint role between the RTC, the ZSFG Emergency Department, and ZSFG Pediatric Department. This role includes performing the following essential job functions:
· Performing initial physical examinations including medical clearance and follow-up physical examinations;
· Performing outreach to victims;
· Developing individualized treatment plans and emergency treatment and crisis intervention to rape survivors and other victims of interpersonal violence;
· Collaborating with other health care providers in the Emergency Department and Pediatric Department; and
· Providing expert court testimony as required
The 2218 Physician Assistant also performs related duties as required.
Possession of a valid Certification as a Physician Assistant issued by the California Board of Medical Quality Assurance.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the filing date unless otherwise noted.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
• One (1) year of verifiable experience as a Physician Assistant working in a Rape Treatment Center or Women’s Clinic with demonstrated advance practice competency
• One (1) year of verifiable experience as a Physician Assistant in an acute care setting within the last three (3) years
• Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner (SAFE) or Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) training
• One (1) year of verifiable experience as a Physician Assistant in a Women’s Health, Psychiatric Inpatient Unit, Psychiatric Emergency Service, or Mental Health Center/Clinic as
• Demonstrated ability to positively interact with all members of a multidisciplinary team including nursing and medical staff
• Demonstrated ability to develop new nursing roles and to contribute to the development of new and innovative programs of care
• Demonstrated commitment to both forensic evidence collection and advocacy for survivors of traumatic assault.
• Demonstrated experience and sensitivity in working with indigent patients with complex psychosocial and substance use problems.
VERIFICATION OF LICENSURE AND EXPERIENCE:
Verification of Experience: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#verification
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
Verification of Education: If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
• Select the desired job announcement
• Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
• Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
• Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline.
Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications. Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding the position(s), please contact Jessica Marques via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 415-206-6722.
The selection process will include evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements. Depending on the number of applicants, the Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate qualifications of candidates. Only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
• Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
• Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All City and County of San Francisco employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law (California Government Code Section 3100-3109). Employment with the City requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.
Valid licensure/certification/registration as a requirement to perform the job must be kept current throughout length of employment. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of required valid licensure/certification/registration may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
If appointed, individuals possessing interim permits or temporary Licenses must present full and unrestricted Licenses prior to completion of the probationary period.
1. Information regarding California Physician Assistant licensure may be obtained by contacting the Physician Assistant Committee at http://www.pac.ca.gov/
2. No waivers of licensure or education will be allowed.
Eligible Billable Provider Condition of Employment: All qualified candidates who are selected for appointment to positions in all specialty areas must be an eligible billable provider and will be required to meet the following criteria:
• Be eligible to participate in Medicare, Medicaid and/or other federal health care programs; AND
• Possess a National Provider Identifier (NPI); AND
• Submit a completed credentialing application and/or required documentation for credentialing; AND
• Possess a valid third-party billable provider certification (such as Medicare, Medi-Cal and/or private insurance) OR
• Have submitted a completed billable provider application, along with the required documentation, in order to obtain the appropriate billable provider status.
Drug Orders/Controlled Substances Requirement: This position requires that a Physician Assistant be authorized to issue drug orders for controlled substances by the supervising physician. All Physician Assistants who are authorized shall register with the United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and obtain a DEA number. Visit http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drugreg/index.html for more information.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate Requirement/Provision: Possession of a valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate, issued by the American Heart Association, is required as a provision for all positions. Individuals who do not possess such a certification may participate in the application process and be appointed to a position(s), but will be required to obtain the certificate within two (2) weeks of hire date and maintain validity throughout length of employment.
A photocopy of the valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate must be provided to the appropriate supervisor of the appointment within the allotted time frame. Failure to demonstrate or show proof of possession of valid certification within two (2) weeks of hire date and throughout length of employment may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
Failure to meet these criteria and/or ‘Conditions of Employment’ within two (2) weeks PRIOR to the start work date may result in the delay of appointment and/or cancellation of the employment offer. Once appointed, all qualified candidates/employees will be required to retain these qualifications throughout their length of employment. Failure to demonstrate (show proof) of qualifications may result in the termination of employment.
Condition of Employment: Highest Educational Achievement
Due to the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment 1988, all applicants who are selected for a position will be required to provide verification of highest level of education achieved. Applicants must meet one of the following conditions:
1. Have earned a doctoral, master's, or bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science (including nursing), or medical technology from an accredited institution; OR
2. Have earned an associate degree in a chemical, physical or biological science (including nursing) or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution.
Note on ICARE: Willingness to uphold/abide by ZSFG’s ICARE (I-Introduce, C-Connect, A-Ask, R-Respond, E-Exit) philosophy for employee and patient interactions. For more information on ICARE, please visit https://zuckerbergsanfranciscogeneral.org/about-us/.
Note on Electronic Health Record (EHR): The Department of Public Health (DPH) is implementing a unified Electronic Health Record (EHR) system and DPH employees must demonstrate competency in the use of the system that is appropriate for their classification as a condition of employment.
Note on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
Some positions in the Department of Public Health will require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), including but not limited to gloves, gowns, eye and face protection, and face-fitting respirators. The requirement for the use of PPE may come on short or no notice. Facial hair or any condition that interferes with a face-fitting respirator’s seal (i.e. comes between the sealing surfaces of the respirator and the wearer’s bare skin) is not permitted when face-fitting respirators are worn, including during initial or periodic respirator fit-testing. Employees who choose not to shave and do not have either American Disabilities Act (ADA) or Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Accommodations do not have the right to alternate work assignments or the option of using a loose-fitting Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) in place of a Face Fitting Respirator.
Medical Examination/Drug Testing:
Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test, and a medical examination.
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20
Copies of Application Documents: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#copies
Right to Work: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#identification
Information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#applicantswithdisabilities
Issued: November 30, 2018
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: TEX-2218-903153
Pos. No.: 01083617
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|