3434 Arborist Technician
|Department||San Francisco Public Works|
|Date Opened||2/14/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$33.69 - $46.15/hour; $5,839.00 - $7,999.00/month; $70,070.00 - $95,992.00/year|
1. Assesses and evaluates condition of trees and other vegetation; maintains tree inventories.
2. Climbs trees and removes dead, diseased or otherwise damaged or unwanted limbs or tree tops; prunes, fells and cuts up trees; piles trimmings for pick up and disposal.
3. Performs various types of rigging in connection with this work; operates chain and hand saws, aerial ladder truck, chipper, and other equipment.
4. Drives heavy equipment.
5. Performs related duties as assigned.
Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED or High School Proficiency Examination).
Three (3) years of verified journey-level experience as a tree work professional. Duties must have included climbing trees of considerable height for the purpose of removing tree limbs, treetops or entire tree in accordance with safety standards. Experience in pruning trees from a ladder is not qualifying experience.
Possession of a valid California Class C driver’s license at the time of application; AND
Possession of a valid California Class B driver’s license with no air brakes restriction is required upon completion of the probationary period.
Successful completion of an Arborist Technician Apprenticeship Program approved and registered with the California Division of Apprenticeship Standards.
How To Apply
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at https://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements
Prior to appointment, candidates must successfully pass a medical examination to determine their ability to perform the essential functions and/or meet physical requirements.
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All City and County of San Francisco employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law (California Government Code Section 3100-3109). Employment with the City requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: TPV-3434-103047
GSA- San Francisco Public Works/ MC/ 415-554-6065
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|