P103 Per Diem Registered Nurse (All Specialties)
|Date Opened||7/1/2016 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$78.96 - $103.74/hour|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
P103 Per Diem Registered Nurse (All Specialties)
Applications that were submitted more than 6 months ago will be expired quarterly.
This is a Temporary Exempt (TEX) recruitment.
General Job Description:
Under general supervision, provides nursing care to patients and clients in assigned Unit/Clinic. Essential duties include:
- Provides nursing care to patients within an assigned hospital Unit, Clinic, or any SFDPH setting that requires Registered Nursing care;
- Observes and reports symptoms and conditions of patients;
- Takes and records vital signs or other diagnostics including temperatures, respiration and pulse;
- Reports unusual occurrences and unusual results of treatments;
- Sets up treatment trays, prepares instruments and other equipment;
- Implements medical and nursing care plans;
- Directs and supervises the patient care provided by nursing personnel;
- Maintains standard unit or clinic activities;
- Assists in administering highly specialized therapy;
- Maintains records reflecting patients' condition, medication, treatment and reactions;
- Follows regulations, policies, and procedures for nursing care;
- May direct the work of auxiliary sub-professional personnel in performing various tasks in assisting with the care and comfort of patients and the cleanliness and sanitation of ward, hospital beds, and appurtenant equipment; AND
- Performs other related duties as assigned/required.
Various depending on Clinic/Unit.
SFDPH Facilities - Determined by specific position.
Determined by the needs of the Clinic/Unit.
- LICENSE: Possession of a valid permanent/temporary (including interim permit) California Registered Nurse License issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
As of October 14, 2016, in order to place you at the appropriate salary step, your application must contain verifiable RN employment history for up to 21 years. A resume cannot substitute the requirement to fully complete your employment application.
Information regarding salary placement
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate Requirement / Provision:
Possession of a valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate issued by the American Heart Association is required as a provision to employment for all positions. Candidates who do not possess such a certification may participate in this examination process and be appointed to a position(s), but will be required to obtain the certificate within two (2) weeks of hire date and maintain validity throughout length of employment. A photocopy of the valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate must be provided to the appropriate supervisor of the appointment within the allotted time frame. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of valid certification within two (2) weeks of hire date and throughout length of employment may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, licenses, certifications, other documents, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
Verification of Experience:
http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#verification Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
Verification of Education:
http://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
Verification of Licenses or Certificates
Valid Licenses and Certificates must be produced to be considered for employment. In addition, valid Licenses and Certificates must be kept current throughout the length of employment. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of required valid Licenses or Certificates may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Emma Perez, by telephone at 415-554-2918, or by email at Emma.Perez@sfdph.org.
If you receive a conditional offer of employment, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you were given a conditional offer of employment. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you receive a conditional offer of employment, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
Statement on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: At the City and County of San Francisco, we share a commitment to a diverse, inclusive and equitable community. Each member of our organization is responsible and accountable for what they say and do to make San Francisco an inclusive and equitable place to live and work by employing fair and just practices to and for all.
New hires possessing interim permits or temporary licenses must present full and unrestricted California Registered Nurse Licenses in order to maintain employment.
- Information regarding California Registered Nurse (RN) licenses may be obtained from the California Board of Registered Nursing, 400 R Street, Suite 4030, P.O. Box 944210, Sacramento, CA 94244-2100, telephone: (916) 322-3350. Web address: http://www.rn.ca.gov/
Note on Electronic Health Record (EHR): The Department of Public Health (DPH) is implementing a unified Electronic Health Record (EHR) system and DPH employees must demonstrate competency in the use of the system that is appropriate for their classification as a condition of employment.
Note on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
Some positions in the Department of Public Health will require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), including but not limited to gloves, gowns, eye and face protection, and face-fitting respirators. The requirement for the use of PPE may come on short or no notice. Facial hair or any condition that interferes with a face-fitting respirator’s seal (i.e. comes between the sealing surfaces of the respirator and the wearer’s bare skin) is not permitted when face-fitting respirators are worn, including during initial or periodic respirator fit-testing. Employees who choose not to shave and do not have either American Disabilities Act (ADA) or Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Accommodations do not have the right to alternate work assignments or the option of using a loose-fitting Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) in place of a FaceFitting Respirator.
Condition of Employment: Highest Educational Achievement:
Due to the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment 1988, all applicants who are selected for a position will be required to provide verification of highest level of education achieved. Applicants must meet one of the following conditions:
- Have earned a doctoral, master's, or bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science (including nursing), or medical technology from an accredited institution; OR
- Have earned an associate degree in a chemical, physical or biological science (including nursing) or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution.
Condition of Employment (Security Clearance):
Security clearance as issued by the Sheriff’s Department is required as a condition of employment for all positions at the Jail Health Services. Eligibles who have successfully participated in the examination process, received passing scores and have been selected for hire will be required to obtain the security clearance prior to appointment. A photocopy of the security clearance must be provided to the supervisor on or before date of hire. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of security clearance may result in a dismissal and/or termination of employment.
Medical Examination/Drug Testing:
Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test, and a medical examination.
Terms of Announcement:
Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting of the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf.
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures can be found at:
Information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation:
Copies of Application Documents:
Right to Work:
Issued: July 1, 2016
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: 064287
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|