9910 Public Service Trainee- Human Resources Services
Talent Acquisition Associate
|Department||Public Utilities Commission|
|Date Opened||4/5/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$28 per Hour|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
Appointment Type: Temporary exempt.
Exempt employees are considered “at will” and serve at the discretion of the appointing officer.
The Human Resource Services at the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission is Offering Internship Opportunities in the area of Talent Acquisition
Who are we?
San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC)Headquartered in San Francisco, we have 2,300 employees working in seven counties with a combined annual operating budget of over $900 million. Our Mission: To provide our customers with high quality, efficient, and reliable water, power, and wastewater services in a manner that values environmental and community interests and sustains the resources entrusted to our care.
Our Vision: We are an innovative utility leader, recognized for excellent results in service, safety, stewardship, and inclusiveness. We are an award-winning and industry-leading utilities organization committed to our customers, community interests, and the environment. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at www.sfwater.or
We are a team within the Human Resources Services at the SFPUC engaged in attracting and hiring high performing employees to fulfill the mission of the SFPUC. As an evolving Talent Acquisition team, our vision is working towards:
• Developing quality assessments to hire high-performing employees
• Building applicant pipelines to meet current and future business needs
• Strategically sourcing potential hires from diverse backgrounds
• Developing an attractive employment brand Talent acquisition at the SFPUC has become increasingly complex.
The function requires numerous tools and skills to navigate successfully through a heavily regulated hiring (merit-based) process, keeping abreast of operations and services provided by the SFPUC, keeping up with new technology, and meeting ever-changing candidate and hiring manager expectations. Given the intricacy of the function coupled with a tight labor market, our mission is to maximize resources to attract, source, assess, select and onboard the best, high-performing candidates.
The duration of this internship is 6 months, with an opportunity to extend the duration of the position based on exemplary performance.
We are looking for individuals who:
• Are highly organized and detailed-oriented in order to successfully navigate complexity
• Can help candidates and managers understand and navigate recruitment and selection rules, regulations, and processes • Think critically through their work and continuously recommend improvements
• Embrace and support major changes to move towards our vision
• Are comfortable using professional judgment to provide talent acquisition consultation to managers • Are self-motivated, able to work independently, and open to feedback
• Are comfortable with research and formulating potential solutions / courses of action As a Talent Acquisition Intern, you will: Participate in formal and informal training related to best practices, and work with increased independence as professional competence is demonstrated.
Interns participate in an on-the-job training program and learn to interpret, apply and comply with federal, state and local labor laws and regulations, applicable memoranda of understanding, and City rules, policies, and procedures in the conducting and completion of classification, recruitment, selection (testing) examination, and referral work.
• Assist in the administration of requests to fill position, employee transfers, post-referral, and hiring processes
• Assist in preparing class specifications in compliance with relevant laws and guidelines and ensure consistency within class series and job families
• Assist in the development, maintenance and administration of a departmental human resources program
• Review requests to fill positions to ensure compliance with the classification plan
• Assist to establish eligible lists for City employment: by conducting job analyses, organizing recruitment activities, reviewing employment applications, developing and administering selection (testing) devices, analyzing results, recommending passing scores, preparing inspection papers, and producing eligible lists
• Interview employees and supervisors to elicit and/or clarify job information and organizational relationships
• Learn to use and become proficient with various HR information systems; e.g., modify and retrieve information from applicant database system; manipulate data to generate a wide variety of informational and statistical reports; check for accuracy of HR records
• Assist in explaining Civil Service Commission rules and the City’s Department of Human Resources policies and procedures
• Collect and analyze data to assist with determining important/essential duties and position allocation criteria • Assist in administering provisions of memoranda of understanding related to recruitment and hiring activities
• Assist in providing information to departmental representatives, labor organizations, managers, employees, applicants, other agencies and the general public
• Assist in responding to appeals or protests of decisions and/or procedures related to recruitment and selection • Assist in preparing reports to the Civil Service Commission
• Prepare written materials including letters, reports, memoranda, and forms
• Track certification and final selection processes
- On-site childcare center and café to support workforce needs
- On-site bicycle parking, locker rooms and electric vehicle charge station Close to commute/transit locations (e.g., BART, MUNI, Golden Gate Transit, parking garages
- Proximity to numerous food and café options
Seeking interns who have graduated, or are currently enrolled in a graduate program (Master’s degree or higher) from an accredited college or university.
Desirable master's or PhD degrees: Industrial-Organizational Psychology, or other closely related field (e.g., Industrial Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Applied Social Psychology, Behavioral Psychology).
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit http://www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
• Select the desired job announcement
• Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
• Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
• Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco. Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org). Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may result in lower scores. If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Jonathan Godwin, by telephone at 415-554-1659, or by email at email@example.com
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|