9910 Public Service Trainee- Workforce Planning Associate
Workforce Planning Associate
|Department||Public Utilities Commission|
|Date Opened||2/8/2018 1:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$28 per Hour|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
Appointment Type: Temporary exempt. Exempt employees are considered “at will” and serve at the discretion of the appointing officer.
The Human Resource Services at the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission is Offering Internship Opportunities in the area of Enterprise Workforce Planning
Who are we?
San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC)
Headquartered in San Francisco, we have 2,300 employees working in seven counties with a combined annual operating budget of over $900 million.
Our Mission: To provide our customers with high quality, efficient, and reliable water, power, and wastewater services in a manner that values environmental and community interests and sustains the resources entrusted to our care.
Our Vision: We are an innovative utility leader, recognized for excellent results in service, safety, stewardship, and inclusiveness.
We are an award-winning and industry-leading utilities organization committed to our customers, community interests, and the environment. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at www.sfwater.or
ENTERPRISE WORKFORCE PLANNING
We are Enterprise Workforce Planning (EWP), a team within Human Resource Services at the SFPUC. We were founded in 2014 to address changing workforce needs and succession planning issues at the SFPUC.
Our goals include:
• Creating evidence-based frameworks for integrated talent management
• Optimizing personnel processes to provide a unified and positive employee experience
• Providing development opportunities and meaningful career paths for all staff
• Defining standards to hire the best employees and manage their performance
• Creating a sustainable pipeline for mission-critical and leadership positions
We are engaged in various projects that support the development and implementation of strategic workforce planning efforts. As a Workforce Planning Associate, you are regularly exposed to relevant decision makers within the SFPUC and are given unique opportunities to impact the organization through collaboration with teams spanning a wide-variety of occupations. To learn more about working at the SFPUC, visit our career site at www.sfwater.org/careers.
The duration of this internship is 6 months to 1 year, with an opportunity to extend the duration of the position based on exemplary performance.
We are looking for associates who:
• Are highly organized, with great attention to detail while always keeping the larger picture in mind
• Are familiar with research concepts and methodologies in business settings
• Think critically through their work and continuously strive to gain deeper understanding
• Embrace learning and maximizing technology
• Are self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively
As a Workforce Planning Associate, you will:
Participate in analyzing, researching, and consulting functions related to competency-based workforce planning and other talent management initiatives.
Example duties include learning about and assisting with:
• Research and analysis to support the identification of critical technical, behavioral, and leadership competencies required for successful performance in pivotal positions at risk for turnover
• Research and analysis of data using standard software programs such as Excel or SPSS
• Development of survey instruments and interview questions to gather data from individuals and groups of subject matter experts
• Preparation of reports, memos, presentations, and technical documents to ensure transparency of the project work
• Other key initiatives associated with workforce planning and talent management
To accomplish this work, you will need to leverage advanced features of technologies such as Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint (including site development), and Survey Monkey, as well as basic features of Adobe Illustrator.
The nature of this work will provide employees with direct experience in applied Industrial-Organizational Psychology, strategic human resource management, survey design and data analysis, and consulting.
- On-site childcare center and café to support workforce needs
- On-site bicycle parking, locker rooms and electric vehicle charge station
Close to commute/transit locations (e.g., BART, MUNI, Golden Gate Transit, parking garages
- Proximity to numerous food and café optionsThe Enterprise Workforce Planning Competency Model outlines the competencies that are needed for success as a part of the Enterprise Workforce Planning team:
Seeking interns who have graduated, or are currently enrolled in a graduate program (Master’s degree or higher) from an accredited college or university.
Desirable master's or PhD degrees:
Industrial-Organizational Psychology, or other closely related field (e.g., Industrial Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Applied Social Psychology, Behavioral Psychology).
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process.
Visit http://www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
• Select the desired job announcement
• Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
• Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
• Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco. Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org). Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may result in lower scores. If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Amy Lavezzo, by telephone at 415-550-0769, or by email at email@example.com
If you receive a conditional offer of employment, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you were given a conditional offer of employment. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you receive a conditional offer of employment, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|