2328 Nurse Practitioner (Correctional Facilities)
|Date Opened||8/3/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$75.98 - $107.55/hour; $13,169.00 - $18,642.00/month; $158,028.00 - $223,704.00/year|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
2328 Nurse Practitioner (Correctional Facilities)
Interested applicants are encouraged to file immediately as this recruitment may close at any time, but no earlier than August 10, 2018 at 5:00pm
Appointment Type: This is a Temporary Exempt (TEX) appointment, as needed not to exceed six (6) months or 1,040 hours. This position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer.
Under general nursing and medical direction, utilizing standardized procedures, the Correctional Facilities Nurse Practitioner (NP) functions within an organized system for the delivery of health care in association with other members of the multidisciplinary health care team and performs specialized nurse practitioner duties in clinical settings. The Correctional Facilities NP provides comprehensive, coordinated and high quality care to all incarcerated individuals in the San Francisco County Jails. The Correctional Facilities NP acts as a clinical leader of healthcare staff and an advocate for patients. On a daily basis, the Correctional Facilities NP works closely with other nurse practitioners, physicians, nurses, licensed and unlicensed behavioral health clinicians and other health workers utilizing communication and collaboration with Sheriff’s department staff. Jail Health Services provides care in a variety of settings over its five (5) clinical sites (in San Francisco and San Bruno). This position may work evenings and weekends at all sites of care.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to:
• Provides full scope primary care: Collects medical histories, reviews outside records, performs physical examinations, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests, and establishes treatment plans and reassessments; counsels and educates patients regarding both preventive care and chronic diseases; addresses substance abuse; makes appropriate mental health and social service referrals; refers patients to further sources of medical care when appropriate (e.g., Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (ZSFG) specialty clinics and Emergency Department); appropriately documents patient information in the electronic medical record;
• Participates in clinician staff meetings/conferences;
• Participates in and leads clinical quality improvement efforts;
• May supervise the work of other healthcare staff; and
• Participates in population-level public health activities (e.g. STD screening, vaccination, etc.
The 2328 Correctional Facilities Nurse Practitioner performs other related duties as assigned/required.
1. LICENSE: Possession of a valid California Registered Nurse (RN) license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing; AND
2. LICENSE: Possession of a valid California Nurse Practitioner (NP) license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing; AND
3. LICENSE: Possession of a valid California Nurse Practitioner Furnishing (NPF) License issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing; AND
4. EDUCATION: Possession of a Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited college or university; AND
5. CERTIFICATION: Possession of national board certification, or eligibility, as a Nurse Practitioner issued by one of the following recognized national certifying body or organization:
· American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
PO Box 12926, Austin, TX 78711
(512) – 442-5202
· American Nurses Association – American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
8515 Georgia Avenue, Suite 400, Silver Spring, MD 20910-3492
· Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
800 S. Frederick Ave. Suite 204, Gaithersburg, MD 20877-4152
· National Certification Corporation (NCC) for the Women’s Health Care and Neonatal Nursing Specialties
PO Box 11082, Chicago, IL 60611-0082
· American Association of Critical Care Nurses
101 Columbia, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656-4109
6. SPECIALTY AREA REQUIREMENTS: (Correctional Facilities)
a. Specialization as a Family NP, Adult NP, Adult Gerontology NP or Women's Health NP; AND
b. The ability to obtain Security Clearance from the San Francisco Sheriff's Department
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
Special Conditions: The above minimum qualifications reflect special conditions associated with the position(s) to be filled. They may differ from the standard minimum qualifications associated with this classification.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Condition of Employment: Highest Educational Achievement
Due to the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment 1988, all applicants who are selected for a position will be required to provide verification of highest level of education achieved.
Applicants must meet one of the following conditions:
1. Have earned a doctoral, master's, or bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science (including nursing), or medical technology from an accredited institution; OR
2. Have earned an associate degree in a chemical, physical or biological science (including nursing) or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution.
Eligible Billable Provider Condition of Employment:
All qualified candidates who are selected for appointment to positions in all specialty areas must be an eligible billable provider and will be required to meet the following criteria:
• Be eligible to participate in Medicare, Medicaid and/or other federal health care programs; AND
• Possess a National Provider Identifier (NPI); AND
• Submit a completed credentialing application and/or required documentation for credentialing; AND
• Possess a valid third-party billable provider certification (such as Medicare, Medi-Cal and/or private insurance) OR
Have submitted a completed billable provider application, along with the required documentation, in order to obtain the appropriate billable provider status.
Some positions also require:
• Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) number to furnish controlled substances.
Visit http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drugreg/index.html/ for more information.
Security Clearance Condition of Employment:
Security clearance as issued by the Sheriff’s Department is required as a condition of employment for all positions at the Jail Health Services. Eligibles who have successfully participated in the examination process, received passing scores and have been selected for hire will be required to obtain the security clearance prior to appointment. A photocopy of the security clearance must be provided to the supervisor on or before date of hire. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of security clearance may result in a dismissal and/or termination of employment.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate Requirement / Provision:
Possession of a valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate issued by the American Heart Association is required as a provision to employment for all positions. Candidates who do not possess such a certification may participate in this selection process and be appointed to a position(s), but will be required to obtain the certificate within two (2) weeks of hire date and maintain validity throughout length of employment. A photocopy of the valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate must be provided to the appropriate supervisor of the appointment within the allotted time frame. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of valid certification within two (2) weeks of hire date and throughout length of employment may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
As of October 14, 2016, in order to place you at the appropriate salary step your application must contain verifiable Nurse Practitioner employment history for up to 21 years. A resume cannot substitute for the need to fully complete your employment application.
NOTE: Failure to meet these criteria and/or ‘Conditions of Employment’ within two (2) weeks PRIOR to the start work date may result in the delay of appointment and/or cancellation of the employment offer. Once appointed, all qualified candidates/employees will be required to retain these qualifications throughout their length of employment. Failure to demonstrate (show proof) of qualifications may result in the termination of employment.
Verification of Experience: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#verification/ Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
Verification of Education: If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements/
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
· Select the desired job announcement
· Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
· Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
· Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Emma Perez, by telephone at 415-554-2918, or by email at Emma.Perez@sfdph.org.
Only those candidates who meet the Minimum Qualifications and meet the needs of the department will be chosen to move forward in the selection process.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
· Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
· Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All City and County of San Francisco employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law (California Government Code Section 3100-3109). Employment with the City requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.
Valid licensure/certification/registration as a requirement to perform the job must be kept current throughout length of employment. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of required valid licensure/certification/registration may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
Information regarding California Registered Nurse (RN) licenses may be obtained from the California Board of Registered Nursing, 400 R Street, Suite 4030, P.O. Box 944210, Sacramento, CA 94244-2100, telephone: (916) 322-3350. Web address: http://www.rn.ca.gov/
Information regarding Nurse Practitioner Licenses may obtained from the California Board of Registered Nurses. Web Address: http://www.rn.ca.gov/regulations/np.shtml
Information regarding Nurse Practitioner Furnishing Licenses may beobtained from http://www.rn.ca.gov/pdfs/applicants/npf-app.pdf.
Note on ICARE: Willingness to uphold/abide by ZSFG’s ICARE (I-Introduce, C-Connect, A-Ask, R-Respond, E-Exit) philosophy for employee and patient interactions. For more information on ICARE, please visit https://zuckerbergsanfranciscogeneral.org/about-us/
Note on Electronic Health Record (EHR): The Department of Public Health (DPH) is implementing a unified Electronic Health Record (EHR) system and DPH employees must demonstrate competency in the use of the system that is appropriate for their classification as a condition of employment.
Note on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Some positions in the Department of Public Health will require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), including but not limited to gloves, gowns, eye and face protection, and face-fitting respirators. The requirement for the use of PPE may come on short or no notice. Facial hair or any condition that interferes with a face-fitting respirator’s seal (i.e. comes between the sealing surfaces of the respirator and the wearer’s bare skin) is not permitted when face-fitting respirators are worn, including during initial or periodic respirator fit-testing.
Employees who choose not to shave and do not have either American Disabilities Act (ADA) or Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Accommodations do not have the right to alternate work assignments or the option of using a loose-fitting Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) in place of a FaceFitting Respirator.
Medical Examination/Drug Testing:
Prior to appointment, at the Department's expense, applicants may be required to take a tuberculosis (TB) screening test, a medical examination and/or drug test.
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures can be found at:http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20/
Copies of Application Documents: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#copies/
Right to Work: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#identification
Information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation: (http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#applicantswithdisabilities/
Issued: August 3, 2018
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: TEX-2328-087870
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|