1820 Junior Administrative Analyst
|Date Opened||10/11/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/30/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$29.58 - $35.95/hour|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
1820 Junior Contracts Analyst
Under supervision from the Contracts Manager, the 1820 Junior Contracts Analyst assists in the management of approximately 75 existing contracts and the administration of complex contract processes for the Controller’s Office. The Junior Contracts Analyst assists in managing assigned contracts and conducting various phases of the contracting process in collaboration with project staff and managers, including solicitation, evaluation, negotiations, contract development and post-award management. Contract subject areas include, but are not limited to: management and systems consulting, policy and organizational analysis, auditing, information technology services, as well as software license and maintenance agreements.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in contracting processes including planning, development, implementation, monitoring and reporting for multiple stakeholders in strict compliance with the City & County of San Francisco (City) and Department requirements within a fast-paced environment;
- Assists in facilitating and/or conducting contractual procurement processes, which may include Request for Information (RFI), Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Qualifications (RFQ), Request for Quote (RFq) and informal bid processes;
- Aids the Contracts Team to coordinate, monitor and expedite processing on a timely basis required for final contract execution by preparing relevant documents and assists in obtaining necessary approvals from the Civil Service Commission, the Contract Monitoring Division (CMD), the Office of Risk Management, the City Attorney’s Office, the Department of Technology, the Office of Contract Administration (OCA), the Controller’s Office, Board of Supervisors, Mayor’s Office, and other City agencies;
- Assists Department staff to procure information technology services, as well as software license and maintenance agreements within the City’s Technology Marketplace and outside of the City’s Technology Marketplace;
- Assists and participates in workgroups within the Department and Citywide related to procurement and reporting;
- Supports City staff, bidders and suppliers on insurance and supplier compliance issues related to contracting;
- Collaborates with Controller’s Central Finance and other Department staff to ensure timely creation of Purchase Orders and payments, and assist in validation of contracting and financial data in contracts, invoices, vouchers, and payments in the PeopleSoft Financial System;
- Inputs contracts, budget, invoicing and payment information into the PeopleSoft Financial System for contract processing, as well as approvals and data conversion projects and reports;
- Assists with implementing various pilot projects in the Central Contracts Unit and participates in group meetings across the Controller’s Office and City Departments (e.g., eSettlements and Docu-Sign pilot projects and meetings).
- Assists with maintenance of intranet site and internal SharePoint sites and databases;
- Assists in preparing and compiling various reports, surveys, mailing lists;
- Assists the Contracts Team in reviewing department’s compliance with new and existing contract templates, forms, rules, regulations, laws, policies and procedures and recommending best practice contracting standards;
- Assists in the development of materials, proof-reads, and edits materials to ensure that all contract documents, training materials, policies and procedures, Job Aids, presentations and correspondence are accurate, clear, concise and professionally presented suitable for dissemination to senior management staff who are internal or external to the organization;
- Maintains the contracts physical and electronic filing systems and monitors validity of documents, links, file paths;
- Performs administrative tasks including photocopying, filing, mailing, etc.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
1. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; AND one (1) year of professional experience in budget analysis, financial analysis and reporting, legislative/policy analysis, or contract/grant administration; OR
2. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, public or business administration, economics, urban studies, public policy or a related field
SUBSTITUTION: May substitute up to 2 years of the required education with additional qualifying experience in budget analysis, financial analysis and reporting, legislative/policy analysis, or contract/grant administration. One year (2,000 hours) of additional qualifying experience will be considered equivalent to 30 semester/45 quarter units
Verification:Applicants will be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found athttp://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456.
Note:Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date.
Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Sonali Shaikher, by telephone at 415-554-5246, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at:
Information regarding requests for Veterans Preference can be found at:
Issued: October 11, 2018
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: TEX-1820-090643
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|