1402 Junior Clerk
|Department||Department of Elections|
|Date Opened||7/25/2018 6:00:00 PM|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
The Department of Elections conducts all federal, state and local elections in the City and County of San Francisco. To serve the City's 284,000 registered Vote-by-Mail voters, the Department is accepting resumes for seasonal positions in the Ballot Distribution division to process return ballots.
Temporary exempt as-needed appointment not to exceed six months or 1040 hours. Exempt employees are considered "at will” and serve at the discretion of the appointing officer.
Duration of Work
The position has an estimated start date of October 22, 2018. This is a temporary job with an estimated end date of November 22, 2018.
The Ballot Distribution division is responsible for processing return vote-by-mail and ballots for each election. When the voted vote-by-mail ballots are returned to the Department, the staff of this division are tasked with extracting the voted ballots from the envelopes, preparing the ballots for tabulation, and, when necessary, remaking the ballots at the central counting location in City Hall.
Under the supervision of the division Manager, this position will be tasked with recording and maintaining data, operating mail sorting equipment, removing vote-by mail ballots from envelopes, preparing ballots for tabulation, and assisting with other tasks on as-needed basis.
Candidates must be willing to work flexible working hours. Hours will vary from 30 - 50 hours a week. Position may require mandatory evening and weekend work. Position requires sitting/standing for prolonged periods of time and lifting 20 lbs.
These minimum qualifications are to be used as a guide for establishing the education, training, experience, special skills and/or license which may be required for employment in the class. Although these minimum qualifications are typical of the class, additional minimum qualifications and special conditions may apply to a particular position and will be stated on the job announcement.
- Six (6) months (equivalent to 1000 hours) of verifiable clerical experience including preparing and maintaining a variety of records and/or documents, filing, use of office equipment, public contact and processing of incoming and outgoing mail: OR
- Completion of a clerical training program (240 hours); OR
- 15 semester units (or equivalent quarter units) of coursework from an accredited college or university
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|