1244 Senior Human Resources Analyst
|Date Opened||2/14/2020 6:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/28/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$49.30 - $59.90/hour; $8,545.00 - $10,383.00/month; $102,544.00 - $124,592.00/year|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
- Independently meets with managers, supervisors, and employees, using sound judgment and professional expertise to develop recommendations and solutions.
- Analyzes complex HR-related legal and memorandum of understanding requirements, City and departmental policies and Civil Service Rules, and uses the information to address problems, business needs, and anticipate changes.
- Writes complex, analytical documents such as investigative reports, correspondence, and memorandums.
- Conducts thorough, prompt investigations and responds to grievances.
- Meets with employees and conducts intake interviews regarding potential EEO complaints; writes interview summaries and reports of complaints to the City’s EEO Division.
- Facilitates the reasonable accommodation process per the Americans with Disabilities Act, the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, and the City’s reasonable accommodation process.
- Prepares presentations and represents the Department during board and commission meetings.
- Gathers, compiles, prepares, reviews and maintains important personnel information, reports, and records.
Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
Three (3) years of verifiable professional human resources experience, similar to 1241 Human Resources Analyst, in one or more of the following areas of activity: recruitment and selection, classification and compensation, employee and/or labor relations, benefits administration and human resources operations.
Education Substitution - Additional qualifying work experience as a professional human resources analyst may be substituted for up to two years of the required education on a year-for-year basis (30 semester/ 45 quarter units equals one year).
How To Apply
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|