1043 Salesforce Developer
IS Engineer - Senior
|Department||General Services Agency|
|Date Opened||1/11/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$57.19 - $71.93/hour; $9,913.00 - $12,467.00/month; $118,950.00 - $149,604.00/year|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Temporary Exempt (TEX), this position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer.
We’re growing the digital services team that operates and iteratively improves the DAHLIA affordable housing service (housing.sfgov.org), as well as the Salesforce implementation used to manage larger affordable housing operations. Funded by the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development (MOHCD), the team also works directly with the San Francisco Digital Services Team.
The mission of the Housing Division of the Mayor's Office of Housing and Community Development is to provide financing for the development of affordable housing in San Francisco and guide the City's housing policy. MOHCD ensures the the long-term affordability and physical viability of the City's stock of affordable housing. The Office also provides financial and educational assistance to first-time homebuyers, and finances housing rehabilitation costs for low-income homeowners.
The San Francisco Digital Services Team is transforming how residents interact with the city, implementing our new Digital Services Strategy through building services designed around the people that use them. Led by the Chief Digital Services Officer, the team is comprised of product managers, designers, business analysts, developers, and content strategists. As a member of this new team, you would be part of a new and growing movement, with an opportunity to shape the City’s approach to engineering digital products.
We are seeking an outstanding, experienced senior Salesforce developer and technical architect to help operate, improve, and expand the Salesforce implementation that is used to manage the workflow for the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development. Candidates must have strong skills in Salesforce development, including building an API for external users,, and be ready to quickly get to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Serve as the lead Salesforce engineer on a team with a product manager, designer, and full-stack web developer to manage, improve, and expand a department Salesforce implementation (including a Visual Force community and robust API functionality).
- Develop and maintain SFDC Visual Force pages, Apex classes & triggers, and integrations. Perform routine administration functions for Salesforce.com
- Participate in a cross-functional team to address strategic business issues, including prototyping, feature prioritization, scrum meetings, code review, and architecture discussions. Help lead decisions about our development and deployment environments.
- Practice and enthusiastically share agile methodologies throughout all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Take pride of ownership in all projects you touch; leave code better than you found it. Contribute to documentation, tests, style fixes, accessibility, performance, security, etc.
- Deliver projects that are easy to deploy, update, and monitor by ensuring the tooling for this is present early in the project development cycle.
- Build, document and support Salesforce API endpoints for internal and external use.
- Support digital services, including occasional support outside of business hours.
- Write great technical documentation as we go, including training documentation and release notes
- Share knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team. Use past experience and knowledge to mentor (and learn from) your peers in the department on Salesforce best practices.
1. An associate degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field]; AND
2. Three (3) years of experience analyzing, installing, configuring, enhancing, and/or maintaining the components of an enterprise network.
SUBSTITUTION: Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units or forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
- 2+ years experience building and shipping production Salesforce implementations, including APIs and Visual Force pages
- Experience working in Agile development methodology. Believe in shipping early and often.
- System administration and configuration management skills
- Experience of designing and maintaining public HTTP APIs
- Experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage
- Love making things that serve users, understand a focus on both user and stakeholder needs.
- Demonstrated experience writing clear, well-tested code.
- Excited to be responsible for production systems
- Work well with a cross-functional team. Ability to collaborate with designers to rapidly prototype ideas.
- Certified Salesforce Developer / Administrator
- Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites; building highly-reliable systems; and/or building products that connect to or integrate with legacy systems.
- Experience with development for mobile browsers, including understanding of the use of responsive web design and responsive front-end development for VisualForce pages.
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
VERIFICATION: Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456
NOTE: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement: 1043 Salesforce Developer (IS Engineer - Senior) - TEX-1043-082724
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
A resume and a cover letter highlighting how you meet the desirable qualifications and any relevant experience is REQUIRED at the time of filing and must be attached to the online application. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered. Mailed, hand delivered or faxed documents/applications will not be accepted.
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores. If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the analyst at (415) 554-6000.
Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience. Additional screening mechanisms may be implemented in order to determine candidates’ qualifications. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the Agency will be invited to participate in the selection process. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the interview. The application procedure is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this recruitment, please contact the analyst at (415) 554-6000. Notification in advance will enable the department and County to evaluate arrangements to reasonably accommodate your need.
THE CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. MINORITIES, WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures: Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20 or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents: Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work: All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|