5502 Project Manager 1 (IT Infrastructure Modernization Project)
|Department||Department of Technology|
|Date Opened||11/20/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$67.80 - $67.80/hour; $11,752.00 - $11,752.00/month; $141,024.00 - $141,024.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
This announcement has been reissued to allow for additional recruitment. Applicants who have applied before March 4, 2019 need no reapply and will be included in the applicant pool.
Are you an innovative, engaged and motivated technology Project Manager with a passion for public service? If so, the City/County of San Francisco is seeking a results-oriented highly-experienced individual to fill the position of IT Project Manager. The person in this role will lead highly-visible enterprise technology projects that lower cost, increase efficiency, modernize technology while continuously improving business value. This is a tremendous opportunity for a self-starter, a leader with proven-ability to drive complex projects to a successful close.
The Department of Technology is the centralized technology services provider within San Francisco City & County government, delivering technology infrastructure and services to approximately 33,000 employees and 800,000 residents. The department has an annual operating budget of over $130M and contains over 220 employees. Core service areas include: Infrastructure and Operations, Technology Security, Service Delivery & Management, Enterprise Applications, Project Management Office, Public Safety Systems & Wiring, Technology Administration, Policy & Governance and IT Public Communications.
The Project Manager will lead teams from many disciplines, as these projects impact every aspect of IT technology. He/she will manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful, quality, and on-time project delivery.
He/she will collaborate with many technology teams and City leadership. This individual will be a self-starter, excellent communicator, outstanding motivator, and a people leader. Above all the person is expected to be a formidable collaborator across multiple technology and business stakeholders, vendor partners and the team members.
Essential Job Duties and Functions:
- Build, manage, maintain and extend relationships across the organization in a heavily matrixed environment and with all project stakeholders.
- Develop and execute an efficient stakeholder and communication plan to target and partner with all levels of internal and external stakeholders, including C-level executives.
- Compose and target communication to specific audiences. Ensure complex and technical information is understandable to a non-technical audience.
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders at all levels to build championship, gain consensus, solicit decisions, foster collaboration, and provide status on progress and issues.
- Drive scope and requirements sessions, guide subject matter expert toward developing a work breakdown structure, identify and track program dependencies, build a plan to resolve gaps, research alternatives, and ensure all project decisions are well-documented and tracked.
- Ensure requirements, business goals and objectives are clear and aligned to concrete strategic and tactical plans.
- Lead and motivate teams to ensure that they plan for, design, implement, and deploy technology solutions on time, on budget, within scope, and with the defined quality.
- Manage daily activities as well as overall project tasks. Track and update scope, cost, schedule and resource plans, status reports, risk, issues, action items, project charters, project changes, project documents, and lessons learned.
- Track progress on cross-functional program plans, assess actual performance against the plan, make adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to compose Request for Proposals (RFP) for technology procurement.
- Champion the PMO organization as a center of excellence, defining the program management process, standards, deliverables and operational cadence.
- Define the approach to Continuous Improvement including tools for portfolio system, program KPIs, operating rhythms and review cycles.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
The Permanent Exempt- Full Time position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive civil service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the appointing officer. The anticipated duration of this project position is thirty-six(36) months and will not result in an eligible list or permanent civil service hiring.
Nature of Work:
Incumbent must be willing to work a 40-hour per week schedule and may be required to work additional hours when necessary as determined by the department. Travel within San Francisco may be required. The individual hired for this "essential" function/position is expected to answer calls/e-mails via a department-provided mobile device within a reasonable time frame.
Incumbent will conduct the majority of work at the Department of Technology, 1 South Van Ness. However, there may be situations where the incumbent will be required to work at other sites throughout the City of San Francisco as necessary.
Six (6) years of experience implementing and managing integrated information systems projects.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications. Resumes may be attached to the application; however, resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed City and County of San Francisco application.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Carol Wong, by telephone at 652-628-5045, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants will be prompted to complete a supplemental questionnaire as part of the online employment application. It is essential that applicants provide complete information in identifying their education, experience, training and licensure, consistent with the information provided on their application. The supplemental questionnaire will be used to evaluate whether applicants meet the minimum qualifications. The Questionnaire will also be used to assess the applicant's knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to the this position. Applicants must also complete the official application. The information in the supplemental questionnaire will not be scored and is collected for informational purposes.
The Department may establish and implement additional screening mechanisms to comparatively evaluate qualifications of candidates. If this becomes necessary, only those applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the Department will be invited for an interview.
Note: Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed to advance through all of the steps in the selection process.
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf.
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at: http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process#applicantswithdisabilities.
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures: Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Issued: November 20, 2018
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: PEX-5502-090858
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|