1823 Senior Administrative Analyst
Contract Monitoring Division
|Department||General Services Agency|
|Date Opened||2/14/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/28/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$94,302.00 - $114,608.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
2/14/2019 - This announcement has been reissued to expand the applicant pool. Applicants who previously applied need not to reapply.
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Permanent Exempt (PEX), this position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer.
The Contract Monitoring Division (CMD) implements and enforces the Chapter 14B Local Business Enterprise Ordinance, which was adopted by the Mayor and the Board of Supervisors to protect the public interest in equality throughout the City & County of San Francisco’s governmental contracting process. In order to provide the highest level of public service, the CMD is committed to providing expert assistance to businesses and City departments to ensure this mandate is accomplished fairly, effectively, and efficiently.
Under general direction, the 1823 Senior Administrative Analyst will: (i) administer the mandated Local Business Enterprise (LBE) Construction Loan and Line of Credit pilot program in accordance with Chapter 14B Ordinance requirements; and (ii) will be responsible for all data reporting activities with respect to Chapter 14B legislative and reporting mandates in coordination with the Financial Systems Project (F$P).
1. Executes program administration; preparing and submitting mandated and ad hoc reports.
2. Coordinates activities with Risk Manager Contractor Assistance Program (“CAP”) contracts administrator to ensure seamless communication with LBE Bonding & Financial Assistance contractors and others.
3. Executes financial or operational activities for construction loan and line of credit program; responds to informational requests. Assists in the preparation of audit schedules and financial statements for LBE Construction Loan and Line of Credit products.
4. Provides technical assistance to senior/supervisory staff as well as individual contractors or employers.
5. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Possession of a graduate degree (Master's degree or higher) from an accredited college or university and three (3) years of full-time equivalent experience performing professional level analytical work as described in Note A: OR
2. Possession of a graduate degree (Master's degree or higher) from an accredited college or university with major college coursework as described in Note B and two (2) years full-time equivalent experience performing professional level analytical work as described in Note A; OR
3. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and four (4) years full-time equivalent experience performing professional level analytical work as described in Note A; OR
4. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with major college coursework as described in Note B and three (3) years full-time equivalent performing professional level analytical work as described in Note A.
SUBSTITUTION: Applicants may substitute up to 2 years of the required education with additional qualifying experience in budget analysis, financial analysis and reporting, legislative/policy analysis, or contract/grant administration. One year (2000 hours) of additional qualifying experience will be considered equivalent to 30 semester units/45 quarter units.
Notes on Qualifying Experience and Education:
A. Qualifying professional-level analytical experience must be in one or more of the following functional areas: complex budget analysis, development and administration; complex financial/fiscal analysis and reporting; development of complex contracting systems and administration of competitive bid processes and complex contractual agreements; development and evaluation of complex management/administrative policy; complex grant administration and monitoring; complex program evaluation and planning; complex legislative analysis; complex economic analysis; or other functional areas related to the duties of positions in Class 1823, where the primary focus of the job is complex professional-level analysis for evaluation, recommendation, development and implementation of major programs and functions of department/organization. Analytical experience equivalent to the duties of Class 1822 is considered qualifying.
B. Coursework applicable to a baccalaureate or higher degree in specialized subject matter areas such as public or business administration, management, business law, contract law, public policy, urban studies, economics, statistical analysis, finance, accounting or other fields of study closely related to the essential functions of positions in Class 1823.
VERIFICATION: Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point in the application and/or departmental selection process. Written verification (proof) of qualifying experience must verify that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications stated on the announcement. Written verification must be submitted on employer’s official letterhead, specifying name of employee, dates of employment, types of employment (part-time/full-time), job title(s), description of duties performed, and the verification must be signed by the employer. City employees will receive credit for the duties of the class to which they are appointed. Credit for experience obtained outside of the employee’s class will be allowed only if recorded in accordance with the provisions of the Civil Service Commission Rules. Experience claimed in self-employment must be supported by documents verifying income, earnings, business license and experience comparable to the minimum qualifications of the position. Copies of income tax papers or other documents listing occupations and total earnings must be submitted. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456.
NOTE: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Submission of a resume, cover letter, and the online supplemental questionnaire is REQUIRED at the time of filing and must be attached to the online application. The cover letter should include a statement on why you are the best candidate for this role. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered. Mailed, hand delivered or faxed documents/applications will not be accepted.
1. To submit a RESUME using the online application:
- Select the “Resume” tab in the online application
- Follow instructions given on screen
2. To submit a COVER LETTER using the online application:
- Select the “Other” tab in the online application
- Follow instructions given on screen
3. To submit the SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE using the online application:
- Applicants will be prompted to complete the supplemental questionnaire during the online application process.
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores. If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the analyst at (415) 554-6000.
Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience. Additional screening mechanisms may be implemented in order to determine candidates’ qualifications. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the Agency will be invited to participate in the selection process. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the interview. Qualified applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must contact the Agency by phone at (415) 554-6000 or, if hearing impaired at (415) 554-6015 (TTY).
THE CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. MINORITIES, WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures: Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20 or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents: Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work: All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|