|Department||Community College District|
|Date Opened||11/28/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/12/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$22.9095 – $27.4437 hourly|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
Location: Dean of Student Support Services - Ocean Campus.
Contact: (for information regarding position) Dr. Elizabeth Coria, Associate Vice Chancellor, Student Services; (415) 239-3382; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointment Type and work schedule: One Permanent-Exempt, Full-time (40 hours/week) position. May be required to work some evenings and Saturdays during peak periods, such as registration, audits, fiscal year end, graduation etc. Exempt employees are considered “at will” and serve at the discretion of the appointing officer.
This position is grant-funded and is funded on a yearly basis. Hours are subject to change after appointment dependent upon grant status.
Under general supervision of the Vice Chancellor Student Services and/or her/his designee, performs general student services clerical work and related duties as required. Essential functions include front desk support by answering phones, inquiries from student, faculty and staff, Microsoft Office Professional-WORD and EXCEL , taking meeting minutes, making routine contacts with other departmental employees and the general public in connection with office operations, and gathering, preparing and maintaining a wide variety of records and reports of some complexity.
Example of Duties:
1. File, maintain, and retrieve electronic and paper documents, records, and correspondence in accordance with established procedures.
2. Prepare, initiate and track to completion of student services requisitions, budget transfer and budget journals to support student service office.
3. Prepare and edit student services directory and manage all student services organizational charts on the website.
4. Maintain and track use of all student services conferences rooms.
5. Code and index documents, records and correspondence. Methods may include color code, terminal digit, numerical, alphabetical and/or chronological order to ensure proper filing and ready access of data.
6. Check and review a variety of student services documents for completeness and accuracy.
7. Prepare student services flow charts and organizational charts.
8. Compile information and data necessary for the preparation of various student services departmental reports in which judgment may be exercised in the selection of data and materials.
9. Prepare and maintain a variety of student services reports in which judgment may be exercised in the selection of data and materials.
10. Make mathematical computations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers, decimals and fractions.
11. Disseminate information about the community college student services offices and answers inquiries by communicating/providing referrals to student services offices with the public, departmental personnel and other departments.
12. Process mail: opens, time stamps, sorts and distributes the incoming mail; stuffs and seals envelopes; makes daily pickup and delivery to ensure timely mailing and receipt of mail.
13. Perform related duties as required.
1. Two years of work experience in executive management office, such as the Office of the Vice President of Student Services which included front desk support at a community college setting.
2. Two years of work experience in student services and development office, such as the Welcome Center or another office at a community college setting.
3. Demonstrable work experience in doing community college front desk support, requisitions and budget transfers
4. Experience and knowledge in supporting and organizing student services major annual functions such as Honors and Awards Banquet and Commencement.
1. One (1) year (equivalent to 2000 hours) of verifiable clerical experience including preparing and maintaining a variety of records and/or documents, filing, use of office equipment, public contact and processing of incoming and outgoing mail: OR
2. Six (6) months (equivalent to 1000 hours) of verifiable clerical experience as described in #1 and completion of a clerical training program (240 hours); OR 3. Six (6) months (equivalent to 1000 hours) of verifiable clerical experience as described in #1 and 15 semester units (or equivalent quarter units) of coursework from an accredited college or university.
Note: Work experience with the District as a College work study student or Lab Aide (3591) classification will not be considered or applied as qualifying experience.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, an online application must be submitted on City College of San Francisco's job website http://jobs.ccsf.edu/postings/3451 along with the following materials:
1. Completion of the online application (start process by clicking “Apply for this Posting” button at the bottom of the page); AND
2. A letter expressing interest in the position specifically indicating how you meet the Minimum and Desirable Qualifications as listed in this announcement and identifying the department above; AND
3. A current resume summarizing educational background and related work experience; AND if required for meeting minimum qualifications:
4. Educational verification as stated below.
Verification of Education: Verification of qualifying education must include copies of transcripts, diplomas, or certificates. If verification cannot be obtained, the applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why such verification cannot be obtained. Request for waiver will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Foreign degree(s)/coursework used as qualifying to meet minimum qualifications must be evaluated by a foreign degree evaluation services organization, before an application can be processed. Please contact the City College of San Francisco Human Resources Department at (415) 241-2246 for evaluation sources. Failure to submit the required verification or request for waiver with the application at the time of filing will result in rejection of the application.
Verification of Experience: Verification may be requested at any time during this recruitment and selection process. If requested, verification of experience needed to qualify must be submitted on the employer’s letterhead and indicate the name of the applicant, job title, dates of employment, hours/week, and duties performed and must be signed by the supervisor and/or appropriate company representative. Verification of experience may be waive if impossible to obtain. The applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why verification cannot be obtained. Waiver requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Failure to submit the required verification or request for a waiver at the time verification is requested may result in rejection of the application.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Issued: November 28, 2018
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: PEX-1404-091742
CCD / ER/ (415) 241-2252/ email@example.com
New employees hired on or after October 1, 2013 will contribute 2% of salary to the San Francisco Retiree Health Care Trust Fund (RHCTF).