1051 - IS Business Analyst-Assistant - HSA
|Department||Human Services Agency|
|Date Opened||8/9/2019 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/23/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$37.03 - $46.58/hour; $6,418.00 - $8,073.00/month; $77,012.00 - $96,876.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
Permanent Exempt appointment not to exceed three (3) years – This position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer.
WHO WE ARE
The Human Services Agency (HSA) is a department of the City and County of San Francisco and the central resource for public assistance in the City. Our mission is to promote well-being and self-sufficiency among individuals, families and communities in San Francisco. HSA was formed in 2004 with the merger of two previously existing city departments, the Department of Human Services and the Department of Aging and Adult Services. The agency retains two commissions and two department heads. The agency also includes the Office of Early Care and Education. Our mission is to promote well-being and self-sufficiency among individuals, families and communities in San Francisco.
WHAT WE DO
We provide a safety net for individuals and families by offering income support, community-based living supports, and assistance getting food, housing, and health coverage. We offer programs and services that ensure the protection and safety of children, the elderly and dependent adults. We help people secure employment through training, job search, and child care assistance.
You will be joining a team of business analysts responsible for supporting the agency’s computer systems used to administer public assistance benefits such as CalFresh, Medi-Cal, CalWORKs and General Assistance. Under general supervision, the focus of this position is to act as a liaison between functional users and various partners including contractors responsible for developing and maintaining the system, other governmental partners, and community organizations. You will work closely and collaboratively with users in troubleshooting not only technical problems but, more so, issues related to how their business process interacts with the various computer systems. This would require not only a good grasp of the technical capabilities of the computer systems we support but also a working knowledge of business practices and rules and regulations governing public assistance programs.
In addition, the agency is preparing to migrate to a new welfare eligibility system. You will be assisting in performing various aspects of the systems development life cycle, which may include needs analysis, feasibility analysis, project planning and management, testing, conversion, training and implementation.
1. Provides functional and technical support to users of the statewide automated eligibility system (SAWS, currently CalWIN), online portal (BenefitsCalWIN), electronic benefits transfer system, and related ancillary systems. This includes learning and understanding policy and business processes to aid in troubleshooting issues.
2. Troubleshoots, escalates, and resolves technical issues; develops solutions that may or may not involve technology; may perform help desk duties.
3. Assists in the performance of various aspects of the systems development life cycle, such as performing business needs analysis, cost-benefit analysis, requirements gathering, system design, technology and software assessment, business process reengineering, and training and change management.
4. Assists in mapping current state business processes, helping design future state processes, and performing gap analysis; assists with creating flowcharts and graphical presentations.
5. Assists in identify opportunities to streamline and improve processes with the use of technology and/or redesigning business processes and identifying workarounds.
6. Assists in the design/development/implementation of new and/or revised systems and programs, and in the coordination of integration into existing systems and procedures.
7. Assists in the provision of user training; prepares instruction and technical materials; generates reports; updates reference tables and databases.
8. Performs testing necessary to debug new or modified systems and subsystems; may coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) teams and cycles.
9. Supports activities related to the preparation and implementation of a new statewide automated eligibility system.
10. Performs data cleansing and conversion activities in preparation for migration to a new SAWS and related ancillary systems.
11. Represents the San Francisco City and County in state/consortium-sponsored technical and policy workgroups/committees; interacts and manages working relationships with other areas of business at all levels.
An associate degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field].
Experience in the information systems field, including technical support, content management, administration of network applications or system analysis may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units / forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
Completion of the 1010 Information Systems Trainee Program may be substituted for the required degree.
**Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualification requirements at the time of filing**
1. Experience and knowledge in supporting a statewide automated welfare eligibility system (e.g., CalWIN, C-IV, LRS)
2. Knowledge of and experience working for a public assistance programs such as CalFresh, Medi-Cal, CalWORKs, General Assistance and Foster Care.
VERIFICATION OF EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION:
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. Refer to the following links for verification:
Verification Guidelines: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#verification
Education Verification, including verifying foreign credits or degree equivalency: https://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements%20
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
• Select the desired job announcement (PEX-1051-096339)
• Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
• Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
• Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
You can also watch this video for further assistance with our online application system:
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Tamara Ranney, by telephone at 415-557-5453, or by email at email@example.com
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
GENERAL INFORMATION CONCERNING CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO EMPLOYMENT POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
COPIES OF APPLICATION DOCUMENTS:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned. Right to Work: All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
May be corrected by the posting of the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at: http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process#announcementsdefinitions
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION REQUEST:
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at: http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process#applicantswithdisabilities
DRIVER’S LICENSE REQUIREMENT:
Most positions require a valid California driver’s license: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#license
RIGHT TO WORK:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States: https://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process#identification
Exam Type: Permanent Exempt - PEX
Issued: August 9, 2019
Micki Callahan, Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: PEX-1051-096339
HSA/ TR / 415-557-5453
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|