0994 Executive Director, Human Capital System Transformation and
|Department||San Francisco Unified School District|
|Date Opened||11/6/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/3/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$129,738 - $170,720|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
0994 Executive Director, Human Capital System Transformation and Implementation
Department of Technology
Who We Are
The San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) is the seventh largest school district in California, serving more than 57,000 students who speak more than 44 documented languages across 132 schools in the city of San Francisco every year. We aim for every student who attends SFUSD schools to discover his or her spark, along with a strong sense of self and purpose, and that all students graduate from high school ready for college and career, and equipped with the skills, capacities and dispositions outlined in SFUSD’s Graduate Profile. Every day in our quest to achieve this mission we provide each and every student the quality instruction and equitable support required to thrive in the 21st century.
What It Means to Work Here
The SFUSD community is unified by our Core Values:
● Student-centered: We put students’ needs first
● Fearless: We persist through challenges
● United: We celebrate and build on each other’s strengths
● Social Justice: We stand with those most vulnerable in our community
● Diversity-driven: We respect and seek to understand each person
We are also inspired by Vision 2025, which captures our aspirations and vision for the future of public education in San Francisco. Alongside the District’s strategic plan, Transform Learning. Transform Lives. SFUSD is reimagining how public education will change over the next decade to meet the dynamic future of San Francisco. As a CORE district, SFUSD is also a leader in critical systems change for more comprehensive school accountability and innovations that help strengthen the instructional core, which is the foundation of our strategic plan and Vision 2
Who We Want
We want talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, who are committed to and will champion our Core Values, are inspired by our mission steeped in equity, and who are motivated to unleash our children’s potential. We want people who are strong collaborators, skilled communicators, problem solvers and who are comfortable in a community of continuous learning.
The 0994 Executive Director will lead San Francisco Unified School District’s initiative to transform core operations by implementing an innovative, cloud-based human capital management system to empower our school communities and fuel student success. This system will support SFUSD’s core business operations including employee recruitment, onboarding, benefits, timetaking, and payroll using SAP SuccessFactors for all district employees.
This transition is an innovative and ambitious transformation of central office business processes within the District, with a multi-million dollar program budget. The Executive Director of this project will be responsible for the overall direction, strategy, coordination, change management, process redesign, implementation and execution of the project. Because many stakeholders are involved, the Executive Director must be a team player with strong, collaborative facilitation skills.
The Project’s Guiding Principles:
● Standard best practices over customization
● Self-service and empowerment over gatekeeping
● Responsive service over specialization
● Long-term sustainability over short-term gains
● Every SFUSD employee (including teachers, paraprofessionals, and administrative staff)
● The Department of Technology
● The Human Resources Department
● The Business Services Department, particularly Budget and Payroll
● A cross-functional implementation team and our implementation vendors and partners
● The City and County of San Francisco
We expect that the Executive Director will:
Demonstrate a Leadership Mindset
● Lead the strategic planning and execution of SFUSD’s Human Capital System transition to SAP SuccessFactors
● Understand and articulate the relationships between business processes, technology platforms and the employee experience
● Create and articulate a team vision inclusive of the departments, teams and individuals who must work together to implement the system, motivating stakeholders to participate in this transformative project
● Supervise a Project Coordinator as well as vendor and implementation partner relationships
Manage to Results
● Manage through influence and hold team members accountable for project deadlines and milestones via ownership of the project plan for the implementation
● Facilitate and ensure coherence across the meetings that comprise the governance structure of the project, including meetings with internal and external teams and stakeholders, leading meetings as needed
● Drive project management processes including planning, time management, financial management, quality management, risk management, monitoring and reporting, and record tracking, delivering on-time milestones that conform to scope and budget
● Establish a strong risk mitigation plan to address project challenges towards ensuring that overall timelines are met and allocated resources are sufficient
● Provide post go-live support and strategic planning for future-phase planning
● Maintain effective relationships with relevant stakeholders and subject matter experts
● Facilitate the collection of feedback across all stakeholders, quickly converting feedback into recommendations and mid-course corrections, as needed, to address issues and challenges as they arise
● Adapt, organize, and customize communications and information based on stakeholder/audience needs
● Champion end user adoption and foster successful change management
● Bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B.S) from an accredited college or university
● Minimum of five (5) years of related professional-level experience
● Significant experience with program/project management
● Experience managing large-scale, cloud-based enterprise software implementation projects
● Experience in consulting
● Familiarity with data and system security and integration
● Familiarity with human capital software such as SAP, SuccessFactors, Workforce, Oracle, or PeopleSoft
What We Offer
SFUSD offers a competitive salary of $129,738.59 - $170,720.40 commensurate with experience in a similar position. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan including dental and vision plans, a defined benefit pension plan, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account options and vacation time. We also offer an inclusive and equity-centered environment where we encourage staff to bring their whole selves to work.
How to Apply
● Our Human Resources team will then review your entire application to determine your eligibility status and contact you directly should you move forward in the process.
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements.
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification from this and future job opportunities with the San Francisco Unified School District.
San Francisco Unified School District programs, activities, and practices shall be free from unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression; or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. This policy extends to San Francisco County Office of Education, including community school programs and activities.