0943 Manager VIII- ZSFG Chief Operating Officer
|Department||Department of Public Health|
|Analyst||Margarita Gonzalez Diaz|
|Date Opened||9/30/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/23/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$189,046.00 - $293,228.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center
** Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as this recruitment may close at any time but no sooner than October 14, 2020.**
- Responsible for the daily provision of patient care services via the supervision of executive staff and hospital department managers.
- Responsible for the "bottom-line" fiscal operation of assigned hospital departments, ensuring optimal fiscal operations, with primary responsibility for the financial integrity of service units through sound fiscal management and maximization of efficiency.
- Provides long and short-range planning for administrative and financial systems, and clinical operations, including the design and implementation of automated systems, enhancement of information gathering systems and reports to track and summarize data.
- Provides in-depth financial, operational, and budgetary information, including the review and preparation and defense of annual budgets.
- Maintains responsibility for analyzing the merits/deficits of current billing systems, as well as providing review of fee schedules, denoting trends in reimbursement and providing guidance and feedback for the enhancement of financial performance.
- Represents the CEO on patient care issues in the hospital, City and County and community matters, including membership on various councils, committees, agencies and boards and providing testimony when necessary. Bridges the span of culture between the various constituencies associated with San Francisco General Hospital, the Department of Public Health and the City and County of San Francisco.
- Oversees the daily provision of patient care services through executive staff and hospital department managers.
- Oversees all budgets and costs through responsible use of planning and control systems that include forecasting levels of operations, cost effective utilization of resources and realistic financial variances, optimal fiscal operations of assigned hospital departments with primary responsibility for the financial integrity of service units through sound fiscal management and maximization of efficiency.
- Develops a strong work force and productive work environment infused with a culture of lean through effective leadership and human resources practices. In recognition of the direct correlation between employee engagement and patient and family satisfaction, supports, monitors, and directs activities that build a positive and healthy work environment for all employees.
- Directs, analyzes, and adjudicates decisions to add, delete, or modify programs and positions commensurate with budgeted resources Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop and influence policy at the local, state and national levels that fosters the provision of health care services by the City and County of San Francisco and the Department of Public Health.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop and influence policy at the local, state and national levels that fosters the provision of health care services by the City and County of San Francisco and the Department of Public Health.
- Directs, analyzes, and adjudicates decisions to provide or secure essential medical services and products that may determine whether an individual patient may live, die or have functional impairment based upon securing or not securing the essential medical service.
- Participates in the development and promulgation of health policy at the local, state and national level.
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance; Long-term Disability Plan; Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Municipal Executives Flexible Credits Defined Retirement Plan.
- Deferred Compensation; and Social Security.
- Paid Management Training Program; Wellness Program.
- Vacation/Holiday/Sick Time; and Administrative Leave.
How To Apply
- Select the desired job announcement.
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information.
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”.
- Follow instructions on the screen.
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Disaster Service Workers
Prior to appointment, at the Department's expense, applicants may be required to take a tuberculosis (TB) screening test, a medical examination and/or drug test.
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20
Copies of Application Documents: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#copies
Right to Work: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#identification
Information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation:
Issued: September 30, 2020
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: PEX-0943-107317
POS #: 01104891