4142 Senior Real Property Officer
|Date Opened||11/9/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/28/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$112,580.00 - $136,838.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent PBT|
This is a Position Based Test conducted in accordance with Civil Service Rule 111A.
Under general direction, the Senior Real Property Officer supervises real property officers in the performance of technical appraisal and negotiation work in connection with the acquisition, lease or sale of real property; and may be assigned the responsibility for a major land acquisition or lease project. The Senior Real Property Officer is responsible for carrying out, interpreting, and coordinating existing policies, methods, and procedures of the Real Estate Department in the acquisition, management and leasing of real estate for various City agencies; preparing difficult appraisals in determining fair market value; committing an agency or department to expenditures of large amounts of money for real estate related activities, making personal contacts with departmental representatives and the general public involving discussion, explanation, and interpretation of policies; preparing, checking, and reviewing detailed and complex technical real property records and reports; the overall supervision of the preparation and analysis of technical records, reports, and documents dealing with property acquisition, sale and leasing activities and functions.
Essential Duties Include but is not limited to:
1. Plans, schedules and supervises the work of Real Property Officers engaged in appraisals, negotiations and other related duties for the leasing, acquisition or sale of property or property rights; may train subordinate real property officers in departmental procedures, including instruction on the Administrative Code and City Charter.
2. Personally appraises and negotiates complex acquisitions, sales, leases, and other real property agreements; assists subordinate agents in the more difficult appraisal and negotiation assignments; coordinates and implements the bid process for public bidding on the sale, lease or development of City real property, supervises the handling of escrow and instructions to title companies.
3. Engages the services of independent appraisers, outside consultants and other real estate experts; reviews and correlates these reports; may appear as an expert witness in cases involving the determination of fair market value.
4. Reviews land titles and title reports in order to clear imperfect titles.
5. Supervises the preparation of reports for presentation to officers of other City departments on matters regarding the acquisition, lease or sale of real property rights related to departmental activities.
6. Prepares resolutions, ordinances, deeds and other documents necessary to implement the acquisition, lease or sale of real property and present same to the Board of Supervisors.
7. Supervises the preparation and maintenance of departmental records, reports, files and statistics relative to City-owned property.
8. Confers with City Attorney, engineers, architects, and outside consultants in the conduct of all of the above
9. Assists departments in space planning, securing office space or other space needs and relocating to same (includes assistance with tenant improvements as needed).
10. Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Possession of a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year college or university with courses in real estate law, property appraisal, economics, finance and statistics; AND
2. Five (5) years of verifiable experience in the appraisal, purchase, lease and sale of real property as a right-of-way agent, property officer or real estate appraiser with a public agency, a real estate appraiser, a commercial property manager or a commercial real estate broker or agent. Residential and multi-unit residential experience only will NOT qualify for this examination; AND
3. Possession of a current valid driver’s license
Note: 2000 hours of qualifying experience equals one year of work experience
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
- Experience in the sale, acquisition and/or lease of real property with a public entity in real estate division
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
• Select the desired job announcement
• Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
• Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
• Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Angie Ignao, by telephone at (415) 554-6107 or by email at email@example.com.
VERIFICATION OF EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION:
Applicants may be required to submit verification of the qualifying education and experience, at any point during the recruitment and selection process. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of verification of qualifying education and experience. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456. Failure to submit the required verification of education and experience, when requested, may result in disqualification or ineligibility for employment.
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
Supplemental Questionnaire (Qualifying):
Applicants will be prompted to complete a supplemental questionnaire as part of the online employment application. It is essential that applicants provide complete information in identifying their education, experience, training and/or licensure, consistent with the information provided on their application. The supplemental questionnaire will be used to evaluate whether applicants meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Applicants must also complete the official application. The information in the supplemental questionnaire will not be scored and is collected for informational purposes.
Written Examination (Weight: 100%)
Candidates deemed eligible and admitted to the examination will be tested to determine their relative knowledge, skills and/or ability levels in job-related areas, which may include but is not limited to: knowledge of property valuation procedures, concepts and techniques; knowledge of real estate law, codes, regulations, and procedures; knowledge of commercial leasing and property management practices and procedures; public relations ability, supervision, written communication ability.
Qualified applicants will be notified by email of the exact time, date, and location of the examination.
The certification rule for the eligible list resulting from this examination will be Rule of Ten Scores. Additional selection processes may be conducted by the hiring department prior to making final hiring decisions.
A confidential eligible list of applicant names that have passed the civil service examination process will be created, and used for certification purposes only. An examination score report will be established, so applicants can view the ranks, final scores and number of eligible candidates. Applicant information, including names of applicants on the eligible list, shall not be made public unless required by law. However, an eligible list shall be made available for public inspection, upon request, once the eligible list is exhausted or expired and referrals resolved. The eligible list/score report resulting from this civil service examination process is subject to change after adoption (e.g., as a result of appeals), as directed by the Human Resources Director or the Civil Service Commission.
The duration of the eligible list resulting from this examination process will be of 6 months and may be extended with the approval of the Human Resources Director.
Upon approval of the Human Resource Director (see Civil Service Rule 111A.26.5), the eligible list/score report resulting from this announcement may be used by other departments that also use this classification or a similar classification. To find other Departments which use this classification, please see https://sfdhr.org/sites/default/files/documents/ASO-Level-Chart.pdf?documentID=21246.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20 or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Terms of Announcement:
Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf.
The terms of this announcement may be appealed under Civil Service Rule 111A.35.1. The standard for the review of such appeals is 'abuse of discretion' or 'no rational basis' for establishing the position description, the minimum qualifications and/or the certification rule. Appeals must include a written statement of the item(s) being contested and the specific reason(s) why the cited item(s) constitute(s) abuse of discretion by the Human Resources Director. Appeals must be submitted directly to the Executive Officer of the Civil Service Commission within five business days of the announcement issuance date.
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#applicantswithdisabilities
Information regarding requests for Veterans Preference can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#veteranspreference
Seniority Credit in Promotional Exams:
Information regarding seniority credit can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#senioritycredit
Exam Type: Combined Promotive and Entrance
Issued: November XX, 2018
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: 088742
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|