1091 IT Operations Support Administrator I
|Department||San Francisco Public Works|
|Date Opened||9/14/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/28/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$27.30 - $33.84/hour; $4,732.00 - $5,865.00/month; $56,784.00 - $70,382.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent PBT|
This is a Position Based Test conducted in accordance with Civil Service Rule 111A.
Under general direction of the San Francisco Public Works IT Service Desk senior staff, the IT Operations Support Administrator I provides service desk support for computers, printers, telecommunications hardware and software, mobile devices and their networks; installs, maintains, and enhances software, hardware and peripherals; coordinates user training; performs data and access protection processes; and performs related work which may include computerized data input and record maintenance. Participate in Disaster recovery planning, testing and implementation.
Example of Essential Duties:
- Install and configure desktop and telecommunications hardware and software; desktop configuration and customization
- Provide 1st tier technical assistance to users; detect, identify, troubleshoot, and correct software or hardware issues in order to maintain uninterrupted user productivity
- Microsoft O365 email user support; MS Office 2013 and 2016 user support; Outlook Web-Access support and user setup
- Autodesk applications (AutoCAD, Revit) support
- Smartphone/tablet/hand-held computer support
- Administering remote VPN logons
- Maintaining materials and supply inventories
- Instruct users in logon and document identification procedures
- Coordinating and scheduling hardware repairs
- Perform other related duties as required
Nature of Work:
Will require hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity for data entry. May require sufficient strength and coordination for lifting, pushing, pulling and/or carrying the weight of computer equipment
1. Requires an Associate's Degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field]. AND
2. Possession of a valid California Driver's License AND
3. Ability to lift up to thirty (30) pounds
The above minimum qualifications reflect special conditions associated with the position(s) to be filled. They may differ from the standard minimum qualifications associated with this classification.
Experience performing analysis, installation and technical support in a network environment may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units / forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
Desirable Qualifications: The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred to hiring.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a member of a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written, oral and listening skills
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to interact with customers over the telephone and in-person in a pleasant, professional, and courteous manner
- Recent and verifiable working knowledge in the following hardware systems: HP workstations, desktops, and laptops
- Recent and verifiable working experience in the following operating systems and software: Windows 7 Professional; MS Office 2013 and 2016; AutoCAD and Revit, BMC Track-It 11
- Establish good working relationships with employees, other IT professionals, departmental end users and vendors: prioritize competing requests for service; read and understand professional journals and literature; interpret policies, procedures and standards
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Patrick Cheng, by telephone at 415-581-3911, or by email at Patrick.email@example.com.
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
Supplemental Questionnaire (Weight: 100%):
Candidates meet the minimum qualification will have their supplemental questionnaires reviewed. Applicants will be prompted to complete the Supplemental Questionnaire that must be submitted during the online application process. The Supplemental Questionnaire has been designed to measure knowledge, skills and/or abilities in job-related areas.
Note: A passing score must be achieved on all examination components in order to be placed on the eligible list.
The department may administer additional position-specific selection procedures to make final hiring decisions.
Candidate scores on this examination may also be applied to other announcements involving other job titles, when directed by the Human Resources Director.
Certification Rule: The certification rule for the ranked eligible lists resulting from this examination will be Rule of Three Scores.
Eligible List: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#eligiblelists
The eligible list resulting from this examination is subject to change after adoption (e.g., as a result of appeals), as directed by the Human Resources Director or the Civil Service Commission. The duration of the eligible list resulting from this examination process will be 6 months, and may be extended with the approval of the Human Resources Director.
Upon approval of the Human Resource Director (see Civil Service Rule 111A.26.5), the eligible list resulting from this announcement may be used by other departments that also use this classification or a similar classification. To find other Departments which use this classification, please see http://www.sfdhr.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentID=21246. Search that document by title or job code to see which departments use the classification.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
General Information concerning CCSF Employment Policies and Procedures
A hard copy of Important Employment Information for the CCSF can be obtained at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Terms of Announcement: Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf.
The terms of this announcement may be appealed under Civil Service Rule 111A.35.1. The standard for the review of such appeals is ‘abuse of discretion’ or ‘no rational basis’ for establishing the position description, the minimum qualifications and/or the certification rule. Appeals must include a written statement of the item(s) being contested and the specific reason(s) why the cited item(s) constitute(s) abuse of discretion by the Human Resources Director. Appeals must be submitted directly to the Executive Officer of the Civil Service Commission within five business days of the announcement issuance date.
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable Americans with Disability Act Accommodation using the link above.
Seniority Credit in Promotional Exams:
Information regarding requests for Seniority Credit can be found using the link above.
Information regarding requests for Veterans Preference can be found using the link above.
Issued: September 14, 2018
Recruitment ID Number: 087348 Human Resources Director DPW/PC/628-652-5011
Department of Human Resources
Human Resources Director
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.