2328 Nurse Practitioner (Emergency Care)
|Date Opened||9/14/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/1/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$75.98 - $107.55/hour; $13,169.00 - $18,642.00/month; $158,028.00 - $223,704.00/year|
|Job Type||CBT Discrete|
2328 Nurse Practitioner (Emergency Care)
This recruitment may close at any time, but no sooner than September 21, 2018 at 5:00pm. Interested applicants are encouraged to file immediately.
Position shifts may require evenings and weekend shifts, 24/7 coverage.
General Job Description:
Under general nursing and medical direction, utilizing standardized procedures, the Nurse Practitioner functions within an organized system for the delivery of health care in association with other members of the multidisciplinary health care team and performs specialized nurse practitioner duties in clinical settings. The essential functions include, but are not limited to:
• Manages patient care within the field of specialization in collaboration with the Physician;
• Provides health education and counseling to patients and/or care givers;
• Maintains medical records;
• Participates in nursing and clinic staff meetings and conferences, as well as quality improvement/control activities;
• May supervise/review the work of medical staff and clinical auxiliary personnel according to hospital, health center and/or clinic structure; AND
The 2328 Nurse Practitioner (Emergency Care) performs other related duties as assigned/required.
1. LICENSE: Possession of a valid California Registered Nurse (RN) license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing; AND
2. LICENSE: Possession of a valid California Nurse Practitioner (NP) license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing; AND
3. LICENSE: Possession of a current medication furnishing license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing; AND
4. EDUCATION: Possession of a Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited college or university; AND
5. SPECIALTY AREA REQUIREMENTS: (Emergency Care)
a. CERTIFICATION: Specialization as a Family NP, Adult NP, Adult Gerontology NP, or Acute Care NP; AND
b. CERTIFICATION: Possession of a Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) number to furnish controlled substances (or ability to pass the credential process within 90 days of hire)
Visit http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drugreg/index.html for more information; AND
c. CERTIFICATION: Possession of a valid Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certificate issued by the American Heart Association; AND
6. CERTIFICATION: Possession of National Board Certification, or eligibility, as a Nurse Practitioner issued by one of the following recognized National Certifying Body or Organization:
• American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
PO Box 12926, Austin, TX 78711
• American Nurses Association – American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
8515 Georgia Avenue, Suite 400, Silver Spring, MD 20910-3492
• Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
800 S. Frederick Ave. Suite 204, Gaithersburg, MD 20877-4152
• National Certification Corporation (NCC) for the Women’s Health Care and Neonatal Nursing Specialties
PO Box 11082, Chicago, IL 60611-0082
• American Association of Critical Care Nurses
101 Columbia, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656-4109
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
· Two (2) years of Emergency Care experience within the last three (3) years
Verification of Experience: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#verification
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
Verification of Education: If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
· Select the desired job announcement
· Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
· Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
· Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Emma Perez, by telephone at 415-554-2918, or by email at Emma.Perez@sfdph.org.
Training and Experience Evaluation: (Weight: 100%): Candidates will be prompted to complete a Supplemental Questionnaire as part of the online employment application. The Supplemental Questionnaire is designed to measure knowledge, skills and/or abilities in job-related areas that have been identified as critical for satisfactory performance in this position.
All relevant experience, education and/or training must be included in the application to be reviewed during the scoring process. Candidate responses on the Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be changed once submitted. Candidates will be placed on the eligible list in rank order according to their final score on the Supplemental Questionnaire. The department may administer additional position-specific selection procedures to make final hiring decisions.
The certification rule for the eligible list resulting from this examination will be Rule of Ten (10) Scores. Additional selection processes may be conducted by the hiring department prior to making final hiring decisions.
Eligible List: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#eligiblelists
The duration of the eligible list resulting from this examination process will be Six (6) months, and may be extended with the approval of the Human Resources Director.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
· Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
· Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All City and County of San Francisco employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law (California Government Code Section 3100-3109). Employment with the City requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.
Valid licensure as a requirement to perform the job must be kept current throughout length of employment. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of required valid licensure may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
If appointed, eligibles possessing interim permits or temporary Licenses must present full and unrestricted Licenses prior to completion of the probationary period.
• Information regarding California Registered Nurse (RN) Licenses may be obtained from the California Board of Registered Nursing, 400 R Street, Suite 4030, P.O. Box 944210, Sacramento, CA 94244-2100, telephone: (916) 322-3350. Web address: http://www.rn.ca.gov
• Information regarding Nurse Practitioner Licenses may obtained from the California Board of Registered Nurses. Web Address: http://www.rn.ca.gov/regulations/np.shtml/
• Information regarding Nurse Practitioner Furnishing Numbers may be obtained from http://www.rn.ca.gov/pdfs/applicants/npf-app.pdf.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Eligible Billable Provider Condition of Employment:
All qualified candidates who are selected for appointment to positions in all specialty areas must be an eligible billable provider and will be required to meet the following criteria:
• Be eligible to participate in Medicare, Medicaid and/or other federal health care programs; AND
• Possess a National Provider Identifier (NPI); AND
• Submit a completed credentialing application and/or required documentation for credentialing; AND
• Possess a valid third-party billable provider certification (such as Medicare, Medi-Cal and/or private insurance) OR
• Have submitted a completed billable provider application, along with the required documentation, in order to obtain the appropriate billable provider status
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate Requirement / Provision:
Possession of a valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate issued by the American Heart Association is required as a provision to employment for all positions. Candidates who do not possess such a certification may participate in this examination process and be appointed to a position(s), but will be required to obtain the certificate within two (2) weeks of hire date and maintain validity throughout length of employment. A photocopy of the valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate must be provided to the appropriate supervisor of the appointment within the allotted time frame. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of valid certification within two (2) weeks of hire date and throughout length of employment may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
Condition of Employment: Highest Educational Achievement
Due to the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment 1988, all applicants who are selected for a position will be required to provide verification of highest level of education achieved. Applicants must meet one of the following conditions:
1. Have earned a doctoral, master's, or bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science (including nursing), or medical technology from an accredited institution; OR
2. Have earned an associate degree in a chemical, physical or biological science (including nursing) or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution.
Condition of Employment (Security Clearance):
Security clearance as issued by the Sheriff’s Department is required as a condition of employment for all positions at the Jail Health Services. Eligibles who have successfully participated in the examination process, received passing scores and have been selected for hire will be required to obtain the security clearance prior to appointment. A photocopy of the security clearance must be provided to the supervisor on or before date of hire. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of security clearance may result in a dismissal and/or termination of employment.
NOTE: Failure to meet these criteria and/or ‘Conditions of Employment’ within two (2) weeks PRIOR to the start work date may result in the delay of appointment and/or cancellation of the employment offer. Once appointed, all qualified candidates/employees will be required to retain these qualifications throughout their length of employment. Failure to demonstrate (show proof) of qualifications may result in the termination of employment.
Note on ICARE:
Willingness to uphold/abide by ZSFG’s ICARE (I-Introduce, C-Connect, A-Ask, R-Respond, E-Exit) philosophy for employee and patient interactions. For more information on ICARE, please visit https://zuckerbergsanfranciscogeneral.org/about-us/.
Note on Electronic Health Records (EHR) System:
The Department of Public Health (DPH) is implementing a unified Electronic Health Record (EHR) system and DPH employees must demonstrate competency in the use of the system that is appropriate for their classification as a condition of employment.
Note on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
Some positions in the Department of Public Health will require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), including but not limited to gloves, gowns, eye and face protection, and face-fitting respirators. The requirement for the use of PPE may come on short or no notice. Facial hair or any condition that interferes with a face-fitting respirator’s seal (i.e. comes between the sealing surfaces of the respirator and the wearer’s bare skin) is not permitted when face-fitting respirators are worn, including during initial or periodic respirator fit-testing. Employees who choose not to shave and do not have either American Disabilities Act (ADA) or Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Accommodations do not have the right to alternate work assignments or the option of using a loose-fitting Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) in place of a FaceFitting Respirator.
Medical Examination/Drug Testing:
Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a TB screening test, and a medical examination.
Terms of Announcement
Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. [Note: The correction of clerical errors in an announcement may be posted on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf.] The terms of this announcement may be appealed under Civil Service Rule 110.4. Such appeals must be submitted in writing to the Department of Human Resources, 1 S Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103-5413 by close of business on the 5th business day following the issuance date of this examination announcement. Information concerning other Civil Service Commission Rules involving announcements, applications and examination policies, including applicant appeal rights, can be found on the Civil Service Commission website at http://sfgov.org/civilservice/rules.
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#applicantswithdisabilities
Information regarding requests for Veterans Preference can be found at:
Exam Type: E
Issued: September 14, 2018
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: CBT-2328-902929
DPH/ EP / 415-554-2918
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.