2322 Nurse Manager (Emergency)
|Department||Department of Public Health|
|Analyst||Margarita Gonzalez Diaz|
|Date Opened||2/21/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$74.10 - $107.89/hour; $12,844.00 - $18,701.00/month; $154,128.00 - $224,406.00/year|
|Job Type||CBT Discrete|
2322 Nurse Manager– Emergency Care Nursing
This recruitment may close at any time, but no sooner than March 6th, 2020. Interested parties are encouraged to apply immediately.
- Manages nursing care in an assigned area, which may either be a clinical, administrative or community setting;
- Assesses patient care needs;
- Supervises assigned nursing staff;
- Maintains accurate records and prepares written reports;
- Serves on committees as assigned or as needed; AND
- Promotes effective verbal and written communication.
The 2322 Nurse Manager–Emergency Care Nursing also performs other related duties as required.
1. LICENSE: Possession of a valid, including temporary or interim, California Registered Nurse License issued by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN); AND
2. EDUCATION: Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and/or university in Nursing, Nursing Administration or a closely related field; AND
3. EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years (equivalent to 4,000 hours) of verifiable work experience as a Registered Nurse in a Level I or Level II Emergency Department of a general acute hospital, within the last five (5) years. AND
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the HR Analyst, Margarita Gonzalez Diaz, by telephone at 415-554-2921, or by email at Margarita.firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
- Information regarding California Registered Nurse (RN) Licenses may be obtained from the California Board of Registered Nursing, 400 R Street, Suite 4030, P.O. Box 944210, Sacramento, CA 94244-2100, telephone: (916) 322-3350. Web address: http://www.rn.ca.gov/
Note on ICARE:
Note on Electronic Health Record (EHR):
Note on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20
Copies of Application Documents: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#copies
Right to Work: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#identification
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|