$72.23-$72.23 Hourly / $12,519.00-$12,519.00 Monthly / $150,228.00-$150,228.00 Yearly
Under general direction: performs supervisory duties in maintaining, operating and repairing airport mechanical machinery and equipment; and performs related duties.
Requires responsibility for: interpreting, coordinating and enforcing the policy, methods and procedures related to the maintenance and repair of large and varied stationary mechanical machinery and equipment at the San Francisco International Airport; effecting considerable economies by supervising the proper operation, maintenance and servicing of mechanical equipment of high value; preparing and checking and reviewing inventory, repair and ordinary operating records and reports. Nature of work requires the application of a wide range of technical skill and procedures to determine proper action to be taken in maintaining and repairing large and varied mechanical machinery and equipment.
1. Supervises the operation and maintenance of stationary mechanical machinery and equipment at the San Francisco International Airport; assigns duties and work to operating engineers and others, and is responsible for completion of work; checks and approves time sheets.
2. Arranges schedules for routine servicing of plant equipment such as lubrication of machinery, washing down sewage pumping station sumps, cleaning filtration air ducts and filters, and tests of emergency equipment,
3. Maintains a machinery history of the mechanical equipment showing make, model, serial numbers, local dealers' name wad address, repair data and cost of repairs.
4. Makes periodic personnel. inspection of mechanical equipment, to determine its operating condition; personally participates in major repair work as required, and give final approval.
5. Compiles specifications and requisitions for repair work to be done on mechanical equipment by outside contractors.
6. Confers with construction engineers, inspectors and contractors engaged in the construction of new mechanical equipment, to become familiar with the new installation.
7. Prepares or countersigns all requisitions for materials or services submitted by the mechanical maintenance section; maintains a record of expenditures incurred by the section; assist in the preparation of budget estimates for the mechanical maintenance section.
Considerable knowledge of stationary mechanical machinery operation maintenance and repair; good mechanical aptitude.
Requires ability to: organize and direct the work of subordinates; deal effectively and courteously with airport tenants and representatives of various outside organizations.