$33.56-$40.80 Hourly / $5,818.00-$7,072.00 Monthly / $69,810.00-$84,864.00 Yearly
1. Plans, coordinates and supervises, through subordinate supervisory personnel, the work of all custodial employees engaged in cleaning buildings, concourses, piers and surrounding areas at the San Francisco international airport; inspects completed work; checks and reviews time and other personnel records; exercises disciplinary action or makes recommendations thereon.
2. Investigates and adjusts complaints regarding janitorial service; analyzes methods by which work is performed, with a view to improve custodial services and utilization of employee time; instructs supervisory personnel in changes in cleaning procedures and methods.
3. Inspects cleaning equipment to insure safe operation; reviews and signs all industrial accident reports; inspects window cleaning operations performed under contract.
4. Requisitions, through airport maintenance superintendent, any need for preventative repairs to plumbing, roofs, ceilings, windows, walls, doors, glassware, stairs, floors, signs, and any needed painting in rooms, stairways and halls.
5. Maintains records of cleaning maintenance, lubrication and service records on all mechanized janitorial equipment.
6. Requisitions cleaning materials, supplies and equipment; tests new materials and equipment; signs material received forms for all contractual services performed for custodial department; maintains inventory control records of custodial supplies.
7. Inspects furniture; reports damaged and missing: furniture; maintains a furniture inventory; arranges for repair of furniture.
8. Maintains all keys and key records for buildings; issues keys to new tenants arranges for changes of key cylinders and all lock repairs; maintains a record of keys issued for all employees' lockers.
9. Supervises collection of coins from nursery, dressing rooms and. pay toilets; reports all pay locks out of order.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:Requires comprehensive knowledge of cleaning methods of all types including knowledge of latest practices and materials used.
Requires ability to: organize, train and supervise groups of custodial employees working at different locations; handle complaints diplomatically and effectively; deal courteously, effectively and tactfully with subordinates, general public, and representatives of outside organizations; prepare clear and accurate work records and reports. Requires skill in the use of small hand and mechanically controlled cleaning equipment.