$62.85-$76.40 Hourly / $10,894.00-$13,243.00 Monthly / $130,728.00-$158,912.00 Yearly
Under general direction, performs difficult and responsible technical and administrative engineering work in connection with a wide variety of engineering projects and programs; and performs related duties as required.
Requires responsibility for: interpreting, coordinating and carrying out: existing methods and procedures relative to engineering programs and projects; making regular contacts with other departmental personnel, outside organizations and the general public in connection with the interpretation and explanation of engineering programs and projects; and preparing a wide variety of detailed technical and administrative reports and records relating to engineering projects and programs.
1. Reviews and analyzes monthly construction reports in determining progress payments.
2. Reviews and analyzes requests for time extension on construction and makes recommendations thereon; prepares modifications of contracts.
3. Reviews and analyzes change orders for determining nature and validity of extra work costs and credits.
4. Reviews final construction reports in determining final payment amounts.
5. Prepares a wide variety of technical and administrative reports on engineering projects, proposed legislation and planning affecting engineering projects and programs.
6. Participates in the preparation of departmental budgets; prepares budget explanation sheets in support of a wide variety of capital improvement projects.
7. Assembles data and information and prepares draft amendments to the municipal code; prepares draft recommendations for state legislation affecting engineering activities and projects.
8. Reviews and prepares contract change orders.
9. Prepares a wide range of correspondence and reports relative to complaints and requests for information on various engineering projects and programs; investigates complaints referred by city officials and outside agencies and reports on findings and proposed course of action to resolve such complaints.
Requires considerable knowledge of: engineering methods, practices and procedures; modern management techniques; municipal engineering programs and departmental organization and procedure.
Requires considerable ability to: prepare a wide variety of detailed and complex records, reports and correspondence in connection with engineering projects and programs; meet and consult with, professional engineering personnel, the general public and outside organizations relative to engineering projects and similar matters; deal effectively and courteously with all levels of management and the general public; and evaluate complex problems and make sound recommendations for their solution.
Requires considerable skill in the application of administrative and engineering techniques and procedures to practical operating problems.
Requires completion of a four-year college or university with a baccalaureate degree in one of the major fields of engineering.
Requires six years of progressively responsible experience in the administrative, design, planning and construction of engineering projects, including two years of responsible supervisory and administrative experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.