$22.98-$27.91 Hourly / $3,982.00-$4,838.00 Monthly / $47,788.00-$58,058.00 Yearly
According to Civil Service Commission Rule 109, the duties specified below are representative of the range of duties assigned to this class and are not intended to be an inclusive list.
1. Sweeps and mops floors.
2. Replenishes supplies, as needed.
3. Assists in stripping and waxing floors.
4. Cleans, dusts, and polishes furniture and empties trash receptacles.
5. Moves and cleans tables and chairs as needed; removes used trays, dishes and food from table; keeps trays in order for distribution.
6. Operates commercial dishwashers and trash compactors.
7. Uses and reads Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and chemical solutions.
8. Provides information and assistance to the general public.
9. Ensures waste is disposed of according to recycling procedures.
10. Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
When assigned to quarters at Hetch Hetchy:
1. Changes bed linens, makes beds, and launders soiled linens.
2. Washes toilets, bathtubs and shower stalls daily; washes, stoves, refrigerators and sinks in kitchens; washes shelves, cleans cupboards, dishes, pots and pans; cleans inside windows and blinds.
3. Assists in the preparation and serving of meals.
These minimum qualifications establish the education, training, experience, special skills and/or license(s) which are required for employment in the classification. Please note, additional qualifications (i.e., special conditions) may apply to a particular position and will be stated on the exam/job announcement.
One (1) year of verifiable experience in cleaning at a food court or restaurant; OR
One (1) year of verifiable experience in general cleaning and housekeeping at a government or private institutional facility (such as schools, libraries, hospitals, airports, etc.) or a large commercial facility (such as stadiums, auditoriums, arenas, hotels, etc.).
License and Certification:
For positions at Hetch Hetchy:
Food Safety Sanitation Certificate is required at the time of appointment. AND
Possession of a valid California Driver's License is required. Positions at Hetch Hetchy will be required to drive in inclement weather and on mountain roads.
Amended: 7/28/2000; 4/15/2015
The nature of the work requires sustained physical effort involving continuous light work and occasional heavy work in moving or lifting furniture and equipment, with some exposure to accident and injury hazard and disagreeable elements; ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds. Employee must be willing to work day, swing or graveyard shifts which may include weekends and holidays.
Some positions at Hetch Hetchy may be required to work at guest facilities and bunk houses located in remote areas, requiring incumbents to stay several days or weeks at a time.