Health Services Agency Director
As the Health Services Agency Director, you will provide a vital role for the County of Santa Cruz as a leader with responsibility to direct and develop people and processes to provide the highest quality of care to our community. The incumbent is responsible for the overall organization, people and financial management of Health Services Agency (HSA), ensures the delivery of quality care to patients, enhancement of business development, and continuous improvement of agency efficiency and fiscal success. This position is responsible for the development and implementation, on a County-wide basis, of HSA programs designed to provide public health, mental health, and alcohol and drug services to individuals within the community.
To view full job announcement click here:Health Services Agency Director
- Administrative Leave - One week advanced upon appointment; two weeks accrued each year; can be taken in cash or time off
- Holidays - 13 paid holidays per year
- Sick Leave - 6 days per year
- Bereavement Leave - 3 days paid in California, 5 days paid out-of-state
- Medical Plan - The County contracts with CalPERS for a variety of health plans. For most plans, County contributions pay a majority of the premiums for employees and dependents.
- Dental Plan - County pays for employee and eligible dependent coverage
- Vision Plan - County pays for employee coverage. Employee may purchase eligible dependent coverage.
- Retirement and Social Security - Pension formula 2% at age 60 or 2% at age 62 as determined based on provisions of the CA Public Employees’ Pension Reform Act of 2013(PEPRA). Pension benefit determined by final average compensation of three years. County participates in Social Security.
- Life Insurance - County paid $100,000 term policy. Employees may purchase additional life insurance.
- Long Term Disability Plan - Plan pays 66 2/3% of the first $13,500, up to $9,000 per month maximum
- Dependent- Care Plan - Employees who pay for qualifying child or dependent care expenses may elect this pre-tax program
- H-Care Plan - Employees who pay a County medical premium share of cost may elect this pre-tax program
- Health Care Flexible Spending Allowance (HCFSA) - Employees may elect this pre-tax program to cover qualifying health care expenses
- Deferred Compensation - A deferred compensation plan is available to employees