Volvo Cars - Team Member
|7/1/2022 08:00:00 AM
|9/30/2024 11:59:00 PM
|Berkeley County, SC
In Cooperation With
Trident Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
Team Member - 2nd Shift
Volvo will begin hiring 2nd Shift Team Members in September of 2023. Team Members will be trained on 1st shift (7am – 3:40pm) until 2nd shift begins in Quarter 2 of 2024. 2nd shift hours will be 3:40pm – 12:20am.
Did you know…
- Volvo invented the three-point safety belt, but did not patent the idea so that other car companies could use it and more lives could be saved
- Volvo plans to be Climate Neutral by 2040
- Volvo collected and shared more than 40 years of safety research with everyone, to ensure safety among ALL passengers in cars, not just the average male. E.V.A. Initiative
- Volvo plans to be a fully electric premium car manufacturer by 2030.
In a typical day as a Volvo Car Team Member, you will:
- Work in a fast-paced team environment, assembling components to build the Volvo S60, the all new and all-electric Volvo SUV and Polestar 3.
- Perform processes according to an Operator Instruction Sheet in a repetitive 180-second cycle time to deliver high quality cars.
- Perform safety checks during each process to assure correct assembly of components.
- Utilize various hand tools in a safe manner, while also following strict PPE and safety protocols.
- Be an integral part of the team, working closely with your fellow team members to ensure a quality product leaves your station.
You should apply to be a Volvo Car Team Member if….
- You have a strong desire to work for a world-class, premium automaker.
- Your values align with ours: safety, quality and care for the environment.
- You are interested in being part of an inclusive team environment.
- You have the ability to remain positive when working in challenging circumstances.
- You want to come to work everyday and contribute to your team’s mission.
What does it take to become a team member at Volvo Cars?
- You have a High School Diploma or GED
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You are legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship, both currently and in the future
- You have a strong desire and ability to work in a team environment
- You have excellent interpersonal skills
- You are willing to work any shift (including weekends, holidays and overtime)
- You are willing to work overtime, as needed
- You have the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, such as lifting and moving up to 33lbs, standing for extended periods of time, bending, squatting, kneeling or climbing stairs or ladders
- You have reliable transportation to and from work everyday
- You have the ability to perform repetitive motion work
- You have the ability to attend 1 day of unpaid, pre-hire training
- You have the ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical and satisfactory background check
Additional requirements may apply.
- Training will be at no charge to trainees.
- Successful completion of the training program carries no obligation to accept any offer of employment, nor is an offer guaranteed.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.
|Contact us via conventional means.
|You may contact us by e-mail at readySCSupport@sctechsystem.edu, or apply for a job in person at your local Department of Employment and Workforce office. Locate your nearest office.