is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
Distribution Center Associate
Founded in 1872 and based in Wisconsin, Design House® provides a variety of home products to create living spaces you’ll love at prices you’ll appreciate. We offer products for every room at an affordable price because we believe that upgrading your home shouldn’t break the bank.
Our DC Associates support the operations of our warehouses, under direction of their supervisor they are responsible for a variety of activities in order to fulfil customer’s orders efficiently and accurately. Schedules vary depending on need.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary. Individuals may be responsible for one or all the functions below:
- Accurately pick product per customer orders
- Accurately package product and prepare to be shipped, including labeling and palletizing
- Assist in assembly of cabinets and combos
- Assist in unloading containers, receive inventory, put away product
- Observe safety rules and contribute to a safe work environment by reporting unsafe conditions and work practices to supervisor
- Perform cycle counts
- Follow all clean up and housekeeping procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years warehouse experience
- Ability to use a tugger
- Ability to read and comprehend pick tickets and customer requests
- Ability to enter data into computer
- Forklift Certification a plus
- Constantly seek ways to improve processes
- Shipping experience a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, keel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee many occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to the office and warehouse conditions prevalent at the time in terms of temperature/weather. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
***An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V***