RePower South - Residue Driver
|Date Opened||1/8/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
In Cooperation with
Trident Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and on-the-job training for
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, RPS delivers long-term, economically sustainable recycling, waste recovery, and clean energy solutions to communities, industries and consumers. Together with our technology and equipment partners—Accordant Energy, LLC; Loesche Energy Systems and Bulk Handling Systems—RPS’ mission is to positively impact communities and protect the earth by disrupting the traditional approach to recycling, landfilling and producing clean fuel while creating sustainable, green jobs.
Position Description: Under the direction of the Recycle Supervisor, the Residue Driver moves residual waste material as directed or instructed from the recycling facility to the landfill using equipment that you have been trained and certified to operate to facilitate the recycling process.
Responsibilities / Job Duties / Tasks:
· Must be able to climb and descend vertically into and out of the truck while maintaining balance and operate hand and/or foot controls.
· Documents daily pre-trip and post trip log.
· Maintain vehicle by checking fluids, regenerating, and blowing engine down at end of shift.
· Communicates with the Tip Floor Agent to maintain a safe, efficient flow of trucks through the building.
· Controls residual material levels by ensuring efficient removal of material from facility to landfill as required.
· Reports to Recycling Supervisor or Operations Manager for additional responsibilities when residue removal is not required.
· Work safely between outside vendor tractor trailers and recycle trucks to ensure driver safety.
· Keep the tipping floor clear of non-recyclables.
· Windows to be kept clean for line of sight (safety).
· Assists team members in cross training to ensure coverage within assigned shift.
· Assists Recycling Technicians during breaks or shortages in personnel.
· Is a champion of the company safety program and addresses any deviance regarding safety practices.
· Conducts self in a professional manner at all times.
· Able to handle undesirable material, with may be odorous in nature.
· Rotate to different work stations as required to provide relief.
· Helps the Maintenance department with work duties as required.
· Notify management in the event of any condition that may pose a risk to safety including physical, biological, or chemical hazards.
· Maintains prompt, regular attendance.
· Perform other duties as directed by the Team Leader, Recycling Supervisor, Director of Operations, or Plant Manager.
· Able to read and write English.
· Must be able distinguish (by sight, sound, touch, or other senses) whether his/her machine is operating correctly or is in a proper state of repair.
· CDL license preferred or experience driving high gross weight vehicles
· Experience in a manufacturing or process environment preferred.
· Knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products including Word and Excel.
· Able to work in extreme temperatures and wet/humid environments.
· Must be able to work in an environment with strong odors.
· Flexible to work extended hours and weekends.
· Able to follow through and complete assigned tasks.
· Team oriented.
· High school graduate or possess a GED, preferred.
· Three years of experience in operating heavy machinery (forklift, baler, front end loader, or material handler).
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
***An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V***