RePower South - Loader Operator
|Date Opened||1/8/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
In Cooperation with
Trident Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and on-the-job training for
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, RPS delivers long-term, economically sustainable recycling, waste recovery, and clean energy solutions to communities, industries and consumers. Together with our technology and equipment partners—Accordant Energy, LLC; Loesche Energy Systems and Bulk Handling Systems—RPS’ mission is to positively impact communities and protect the earth by disrupting the traditional approach to recycling, landfilling and producing clean fuel while creating sustainable, green jobs.
Position Description: Under the direction of the Recycle Supervisor, the Loader Operator moves recycle material as directed or instructed for processing using equipment that you have been trained and certified to operate to facilitate the recycling process from the dumping position to the pit/conveyor area.
Responsibilities / Job Duties / Tasks:
· Must be able to climb and decent vertically into and out of the loader while maintaining balance and operate hand and/or foot controls.
· Documents daily pre-trip and post trip log.
· Maintain vehicle by checking fluids, regenerating, and blowing engine down at end of shift.
· Communicates with the Tip Floor Agent to maintain a safe, efficient flow of trucks through the building.
· Maintain the tipping floor stocked with a well-blended supply of material to insure uninterrupted production.
· Communicate to Recycling Supervisor or Director of Operations any loads that are questionable to be dumped on the tipping floor.
· Is able to pull large non-recyclables out of a pile.
· Work safely between outside vendor tractor trailers and recycle trucks to ensure driver safety.
· Keep the tipping floor clear of non-recyclables.
· Keep the loader clear of debris, especially the bucket arms.
· Windows to be kept clean for line of sight (safety).
· Assists team members in cross training to ensure coverage within assigned shift.
· Assists Recycling Technicians during breaks or shortages in personnel.
· Is a champion of the company safety program and addresses any deviance regarding safety practices.
· Conducts self in a professional manner at all times.
· Able to handle undesirable material, with may be odorous in nature.
· Rotate to different work stations as required to provide relief.
· Helps the Maintenance department with work duties as required.
· Notify management in the event of any condition that may pose a risk to safety including physical, biological, or chemical hazards.
· Maintains prompt, regular attendance.
· Perform other duties as directed by the Team Leader, Recycling Supervisor, Director of Operations, or Plant Manager.
· Able to read and write English.
· Must be able distinguish (by sight, sound, touch, or other senses) whether his/her machine is operating correctly or is in a proper state of repair.
· Experience in a manufacturing or process environment preferred.
· Knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products including Word and Excel.
· Able to work in extreme temperatures and wet/humid environments.
· Must be able to work in an environment with strong odors.
· Flexible to work extended hours and weekends.
· Able to follow through and complete assigned tasks.
· Team oriented.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
***An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V***
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Contact us via conventional means.||You may contact us by e-mail at readySCSupport@sctechsystem.edu, or apply for a job in person at your local Department of Employment and Workforce office. Locate your nearest office.|