RePower South - Recycling Technician
|Date Opened||1/8/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
In Cooperation with
Trident Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and on-the-job training for
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, RPS delivers long-term, economically sustainable recycling, waste recovery, and clean energy solutions to communities, industries and consumers. Together with our technology and equipment partners—Accordant Energy, LLC; Loesche Energy Systems and Bulk Handling Systems—RPS’ mission is to positively impact communities and protect the earth by disrupting the traditional approach to recycling, landfilling and producing clean fuel while creating sustainable, green jobs.
Position Description: Under the direction of the Recycle Supervisor, the Recycling Technician prepares and sorts materials or products for recycling, sorts assigned product from conveyor line and places in appropriate collection areas. Ensures that all work activities are conducted in a safe and orderly operation.
Responsibilities / Job Duties / Tasks:
· Sort materials, such as metals, wood, paper or plastics, into appropriate areas.
· Operate recycling equipment.
· Able to handle undesirable material, which may be odorous in nature.
· Clean work areas by sweeping, raking, picking up debris, or moving barrels or bins during and after production.
· Rotate to different work stations as required to provide relief.
· Provide assistance to the Maintenance department as required.
· Notify management in the event of any condition that may pose a risk to safety including physical, biological, or chemical hazards.
· Maintains prompt, regular attendance.
· Perform other duties as directed by the Team Leader, Recycling Supervisor, Director of Operations, or Plant Manager.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Education/Experience: High school diploma (GED equivalent) or technical school preferred.
· Language Ability: Ability to read and write English.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
***An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V***