Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC - Maintenance Technician B
|Company||Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC|
|Date Opened||11/9/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/31/2019 12:00:00 AM|
in cooperation with
Spartanburg Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC
Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC is launching a new facility in Cherokee County. Designed to protect steel against rust and other corrosion, the hot-dip galvanizing operation will be an environmentally-friendly, zero-emission operation. We are seeking qualified candidates for the start-up of our new facility in Blacksburg.
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
Maintenance Technician B
· Must be familiar with all the equipment to maintain it as required and follow routine/preventative maintenance schedules.
· Install, repair, and maintain electrical apparatus, including electrical components of machinery and equipment.
· Repair hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic valves, and pneumatic valves.
· Perform periodic preventative maintenance (PMs) on all equipment and troubleshoot malfunctions.
· Dismantle, repair, and re-assemble equipment as necessary.
· Run power supply wiring to machines and equipment.
· Run auxiliary cables and wires to machines and equipment.
· Perform maintenance and repair work on buildings and offices.
· Work to develop into Maintenance Tech A.
· High School diploma or GED equivalent.
· Three years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Prior galvanizing experience desired but not a requirement.
· Working knowledge of health, safety, and environmental regulations.
· Must be able to effectively and safely utilize ladders, manlifts, forklifts, overhead cranes, monorails, etc.
· Must be able to work in an open environment exposed to extreme temperatures.
· Must be able to obtain SCG forklift/crane certification.
· Must be able to lift 75 pounds, able to climb stairs and ladders, and work at elevated heights up to 60 feet.
· Requires clear vision at close distances for reading and inspecting and color vision for identifying wire colors.
Starting wage $13 to $16 per hour depending on experience.
Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC offers standard benefits package including paid time off.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Contact us via conventional means.||You may contact us by e-mail at readySCSupport@sctechsystem.edu, or apply for a job in person at your local Department of Employment and Workforce office. Locate your nearest office.|