PAEL APPLICATION PROCESS INFORMATION
|Salary||$23.90-$29.04/Hour; $4,142.67-$5,033.60/Month; $49,712.00-$60,403.20/Year|
|Department||Child Support Services|
|Date Opened||8/9/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/18/2019 5:00:00 PM|
Permanent/Full Time (40 hrs/week)
South Placer (Granite Bay, Loomis, Lincoln, Rocklin, Roseville)
|HR Analyst||Heidi Kernytsky|
Lateral Transfer/Other Agency List (Public Agency Eligible List – PAEL)
Placer County offers an expedited process for qualifying certain applicants for interviews. Candidates currently employed, or employed within the last year, by a public agency operating under a personnel civil service or merit system may be eligible to be placed on a Public Agency Eligible List and certified as eligible for appointment to a similar job assignment without going through the examination process. Those hired from this process will typically be considered new employees for purposes of determining seniority, benefits, and other leave accruals. For more information on the Public Agency Eligible List, to download forms, or to apply, please visit our website at:_Employees of Other Public Agencies
In order to determine which Placer County classification is substantially similar to that held in other public agencies, click this Classification and Salary Info link.
PAEL Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for placement on a Public Agency Eligible List an applicant must meet all of the following criteria (per Placer County Code Chapter 3, section 3.08.720):
1. Applicant must be working for a public agency (other than Placer County) that operates under a personnel civil service or merit system. If not currently employed by a qualifying agency, the applicant must have been employed by a qualifying public agency within one year prior to the date his/her completed application is received by the Placer County Human Resources Department;
2. The classification in which Placer County employment is contemplated must possess the same or less minimum qualifications and be substantially similar in job assignment and responsibility as the position in which the applicant is/was employed by the public agency;
3. If classified, the applicant must hold or have held permanent status in the service of that agency;
4. If unclassified the applicant must be or have been employed by that agency, in that position, for a minimum of six (6) months;
5. The applicant must submit a Placer County Public Agency Eligible Self Certification form, certifying:
a. His/Her employment record has been entirely satisfactory;
b. He/She has not been separated for cause;
c. He/She was appointed to the class as a result of a qualifying or competitive exam;
d. If not currently employed by a qualifying agency, the applicant is eligible for reinstatement to that agency.
For more information or to submit a Lateral Transfer/Other Agency List (Public Agency Eligible List – PAEL) application, click the _Employees of Other Public Agencies Job Opportunities page.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Placer County. Placer County is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active nondiscrimination program. It is the stated policy of Placer County that harassment, discrimination and retaliation are prohibited and that all employees, applicants, agents, contractors, and interns/volunteers shall receive equal consideration and treatment. All terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, transfer and promotion will be based on the qualifications of the individual for the positions being filled regardless of gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical disability (Including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics/information), age (40 or over), marital status, military and/or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Please contact the Human Resources Department at least 5 working days before a scheduled examination if you require accommodation in the examination process. Medical disability verification may be required prior to accommodation.
The following information represents benefits currently available to permanent Placer County employees and may be subject to change. It is advisable that applicants inquire as to the most current benefit package during hiring interviews or by contacting the Human Resources Department.
Click here to see benefits for the General bargaining unit.