|Department||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services|
|Date Opened||7/6/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Listed in Announcement.|
|Full or Part Time||
Position Located at our Oklahoma Forensic Center in Northeast Oklahoma (Vinita)
Join a Team that CARES! At ODMHSAS, we believe in I.C.A.R.E. - Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence. Our mission is to promote healthy communities and provide the highest quality care to enhance the well-being of all Oklahomans.
About the Position:
• Responsible for performing technical direct and indirect nursing care, under the supervision or direction of a registered nurse or licensed physician. This would include taking temperatures, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, and various other technical nursing tasks in providing health care to consumers.
• Open/Close dates: 7/6/2022-until filled
• Annual Salary is (LPN III) $44,000; (LPN II) $39,000; (LPN I) $35,250
• $3.00/hr shift differentials when working evening, nights, or weekends and holidays
• Primary Working Hours are: 6:30am-3:00pm; 2:30pm-11:00pm; 10:45pm-6:45am
• FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
• Primary Work Location/Department: Nursing Department
• Vacancies: Multiple
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• (Level III) – Possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and three years of practical nursing experience. (Level II) – Possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and one year of practical nursing experience. (Level I) – Possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.
• Applicant must be able to pass an OSBI background check.
• Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill any job-related travel normally associated with this position and as such have a valid driver’s license.
• Upon a conditional offer of employment, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services applicants must submit to a physical examination and shall meet the physical examination requirements of occasionally lifting/carrying 50 pounds and able to push and pull a maximum force of 25 pounds.
Great Reasons to Work with Us:
ODMHSAS is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees and their dependents. Our benefits include:
• Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums
• A wide choice of health insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations
• Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses or dependent care
• Employee assistance programs and health and fitness programs
• 11 paid holidays
• 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
• Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match
• Longevity Bonus for years of service
• Student Loan repayment options
• Training opportunities for CEU requirements
About us: The Oklahoma Forensic Center in Northeast Oklahoma (Vinita) is the largest inpatient behavioral health facility in the ODMHSAS system. We employ around 260 individuals and house approximately 200 consumers whom have been found incompetent for adjudication or adjudicated as Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity.
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Pre-placement Testing: Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety sensitive positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for drugs. Appointment to a safety sensitive position shall be contingent upon a negative drug test result.
THIS AGENCY REQUIRES COVERAGE 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS PER WEEK. WORK HOURS AND LOCATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON BUSINESS NECESSITY. EMPLOYEES MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME.
Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
An Equal Opportunity Employer