|Department||State Department of Health|
|Date Opened||7/5/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/12/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $37,807.00, based on education and experience.|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking a full time Administrative Assistant II providing support to Screening & Special Services. This is a state employee position PIN 34003459 governed by the Civil Service Rules, in state government located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. OSDH offers a comprehensive . The annual salary for this position is up to $37,807.00 based on education and experience.
This position provides administrative support at a high level of complexity to the Oklahoma Newborn Hearing Screening Program (NHSP). The personnel within this position will be responsible for document production and management through a variety of manual or technological processes.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions:
• Duties will include entering high volumes of individual patient hearing screening data into proprietary software and generating initial case management tasks.
• Examine, check, and verify data entry and other documentation for completeness, appropriateness, adequacy, and conformity preparing correspondence, reports or other documents
• Maintaining various filing systems, including computer records of various activities
• Assisting agency customers, including families of infants, with inquiries or problems concerning newborn hearing screening related issues; and similar duties.
• Individual will assist professional staff with case management needs for children who did not pass the hearing screening or need follow-up testing due to risk factors for hearing loss and will work with the Oklahoma Newborn (Bloodspot) Screening program, hospital personnel, hospital outsourced vendors, midwives, county clinicians, private entities, and other agencies relating to hearing testing and follow-up.
• This individual will also assist with hearing screening equipment calibration and exchanges with local county health departments.
• Answer phone calls and if unable to answer send to the appropriate party.
• Other duties as assigned.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Required at this level include knowledge of spelling, punctuation, and business English; of business mathematics; of modern office methods and procedures; of the maintenance of complex records; and of the major policies and procedures governing assigned programs. Ability is required to pay attention to detail; maintain effective working relationships with others; to handle confidential work; to interpret and handle routine matters in accordance with agency policy; and to follow oral and written instructions and knowledge of supervisory principles and practices
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Personnel will help with the exchange of county health department hearing screening equipment weighing 5-10 pounds.
Requirements consist of 5 years of technical clerical office work or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.