|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||7/1/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
ODVA is seeking a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Supervisor for a State Veterans Home located in Claremore, OK. ODVA offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022. The annual salary for this position is up to $46,412.32 based on education and experience.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for performing technical direct and indirect nursing care in a clinic, hospital, institution, or home setting for individuals under the supervision or direction of a registered nurse, licensed physician, or dentist. This includes taking temperatures, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, and various other technical nursing tasks in providing health care to patients and others.
• Performs nursing procedures or specialized functions in accordance with knowledge, skills, and licensure.
• Participates in the evaluation of responses to interventions.
• Teaches basic nursing skills and related principles. Delegates nursing care tasks such as: taking temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, giving enemas, douches, and sitz baths, collecting specimens, and measuring intake and output.
• Assists in assessing, reporting, and recording health status of patients, families, and groups in a variety of settings.
• Participates in developing and implementing appropriate aspects of a plan of care.
• Administers medications as ordered.
• Reports appropriate patient information to supervisor or appropriate health team member.
• Serves as Charge Nurse on a unit, supervising staff performing medication administration and patient care.
This is the leadership level of the job family where employees are responsible for providing supervision to Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) in the care and treatment of patients. This also includes supervising Patient Care Assistants (PCA) serving as Certified Nurse Aides (CNA) and Certified Medication Aides (CMA).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, practices, and theory; of medical terminology; and of infection control measures. Ability is required to exercise sound judgment; to follow detailed oral or written instructions; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to provide nursing care to patients or clients; and to monitor and direct the work of others.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing plus three years of practical nursing experience; or Licensed Practical Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) plus three years of practical nursing experience.
ODVA has determined positions in this job family to be safety sensitive as defined by 63 O.S. § 427.8.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.