|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||7/1/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
ODVA is seeking a full time Nursing In-Service Coordinator for a State Veterans Home located in Claremore, OK . ODVA offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022. The annual salary for this position is up to $46,412.38 based on education and experience.
This job is assigned responsibilities involving the training and professional development of employees in various topics or skills. This includes the preparation of lesson plans, training guides, participant manuals, videos, slides and other materials to be used in conducting and/or facilitating training, meetings, workshops, classes or seminars.
• Coordinate and conduct the orientation for all new hires.
• Ensure all training is completed in compliance with agency, state and federal regulations.
• Establish additional training through a Preceptor Orientation Evaluation Report.
• Provide in-service as required on all new forms, products, procedures and equipment prior to implementation.
• Maintain documentation and ensure annual physicals, PPD tests and MMR immunizations are completed as required.
• Develop and maintain annual training calendar.
• Develop, prepare, and conduct for all shifts, nursing in-service classes on mandatory topics.
• Assign Relias training to staff with completion dates and notify supervisors of those that do not complete training.
• Ensure staff is CPR certified and conduct CPR training for all staff as required.
• Develop, prepare and conduct in-service for all center staff as needed or required.
• Monitor and maintain chemical training records for the entire facility.
• Required to provide nursing duties for the units when necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required include knowledge of nursing theory, practices, and techniques; health promotion and disease prevention; nursing management of available health care resources; nutrition and diet therapy; and the functions of various clinical departments. Ability to assist in the development, organization, and implementation of an effective nursing care plan/program; provide education and training; assess condition and needs of patients, families and communities appropriate to the care setting; take appropriate intervention; counsel and teach patients and families; and provide direction or guidance to non-licensed personnel in assigned area of responsibility to ensure quality care. Knowledge of available health programs and resources; federal and state rules and regulations concerning health services; accreditation, certification and licensure standards; preventive health practices; principles and methods of teaching; nursing standards; and nursing policies and procedures.
Education and Experience requirements consist of possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and at least two years of nursing experience, one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
ODVA has designated this position to be safety sensitive as defined by 63 O.S. § 427.8.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.