|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||7/1/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Listed in Announcement.|
|Full or Part Time||
ODVA is seeking full- time Licensed Practical Nurses for a State Veterans Home, located in Claremore, OK. ODVA offers a comprehensive Benefits Package, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link Plan Year 2022. The annual salary for this position is up to $42,853.02.
Positions in this job series are assigned responsibilities for supervising and/or performing technical direct and indirect nursing care in an Oklahoma Veterans Center under the supervision or direction of a registered nurse or licensed physician. This includes taking temperatures, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, and various other technical nursing tasks in providing health care to patients.
• Performs nursing procedures or specialized functions in accordance with knowledge, skills, and licensure.
• Participates in the evaluation of responses to interventions.
• Teaches basic nursing skills and related principles. Delegates nursing care tasks such as: taking temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, giving enemas, douches, and sitz baths, collecting specimens, and measuring intake and output.
• Assists in assessing, reporting, and recording health status of patients.
• Participates in developing and implementing appropriate aspects of a plan of care.
• Administers medications and medical treatments as ordered.
• Reports appropriate patient information to supervisor or appropriate health team member.
• Serves as Charge Nurse on a unit, supervising staff performing medication administration and patient care.
This is the basic LPN where employees perform routine entry-level tasks under close professional supervision and in a training status to build their skills in providing nursing care as a licensed practical nurse.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, practices, and theory, of medical terminology, and of infection control measures. Ability is required to exercise sound judgment; to follow detailed oral or written instructions; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.
Some agencies may have determined positions in this job family to be safety sensitive as defined by 63 O.S. § 427.8.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.