|Department||Employment Security Commission|
|Date Opened||7/1/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/10/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Salary: $39,080.00 annual; $1,503.08 bi-weekly|
|Full or Part Time||
This position is located at the Will Rogers Memorial Building OKC
• Vacancies: One
• Salary: $39,080.00 annual; $1,503.08 bi-weekly
• Primary Working Hours: M-F; 8-5; Flexibility allowed after training, with approval.
• FLSA Status: Not Exempt
• Location: Will Rogers Memorial Office Building / OKC
• Telework Status: Telework flexibility may be allowed by Division Director Approval
• Supervisory: Not Applicable
• Training: On-the-job
• Travel: None
The State of Oklahoma offers a comprehensive Benefits Packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
Position Summary of Responsibilities
• Work with and assist unit supervisor to ensure quality control.
• Provide outstanding customer service to internal customers seeking information.
• Assist UI Technical Systems & Support Department in a variety of functions.
• Manage and process incoming mail and faxed documents.
• Participate in the required safety and security protocols of the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission.
Position Essential Functions
* Assist unit supervisor to ensure quality control by conducting spot checks of workers’ documentation and log sheets.
* Communicate with other departments regarding protests and other documents received.
*Answer and process requests from internal customers.
* Assist in correction of scan errors of documents and in answering department emails regarding corrections or changes to documents.
* Responsible for the data entry of employer letters. Letters should be data entered and distributed within required timeframes.
*Responsible for adding separating issues per employer protests.
*Responsible for reviewing SIDES Report.
*Participate in staff-required training and cross training in order to provide professional, timely and additional assistance with the UI Technical Systems & Support Department duty requirements.
*Utilize office machinery in accordance with safety / security protocols.
These job functions, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Valued Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
Knowledge of - spelling, punctuation, and business English; business mathematics; modern office methods and procedures; employment practices and problems; current economic and social trends, programs and problems; community and social service providers; the principles of interviewing; social assistance requirements; the U.S. Department of Labor one-stop workforce initiative as it pertains to the collaboration of numerous partners providing employment supportive core services to enhance Oklahoma’s workforce; laws, rules, policies and regulations of public employment service, unemployment compensation, job training, and social services programs; occupations and industries; basic psychology and human relations.
Skill and Competencies – excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to - maintain effective working relationships with others; work with a high degree of independence; deal effectively and courteously with people; multi-task; exercise good judgment in evaluating eligibility requirements; exercise good management in evaluating case management situations; make decisions; anticipate, identify and resolve problems; handle confidential work; evaluate situations and choose an appropriate course of action in accordance with appropriate law and agency policy; present ideas and facts effectively and accurately; interpret applicable state and federal laws and regulations especially pertaining to veterans programs, social services, employment and training activities; follow oral or written instructions.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with climate-controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position is fast paced and requires someone to complete task in required timeframes. This position requires regular periods of sitting or standing and daily use of computer. It also requires the occasional use of the office machinery in accordance with safety and security protocols.
An EEO Employer
Education and Experience Requirements for this position require 5 years of experience in employment services, career or vocational guidance and counseling, personnel, recruitment, training, customer services or social services related work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting thirty semester hours from an accredited college or university for 1 year of the required work experience up to 3 years of experience substitution.
*Computer Skills – Employee must be capable of proficiently using the OESC’s standard software (Microsoft Office - Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and Teams), and the Internet, as well as proficiency to learn other software as needed.
*Employee must be capable of lifting, carrying, and moving objects of up to 25 pounds.