|Department||Tourism and Recreation Department|
|Date Opened||7/1/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/15/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Starting Annual Salary: $31,200|
|Full or Part Time||
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department’s (OTRD) mission is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and cultural amenities. OTRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OTRD is seeking a full-time unclassified Maid I to perform housekeeping duties at Sequoyah Lodge in Hulbert, OK. OTRD provides matching contributions to employees’ retirement plans, 11 holidays, and 15 days of annual and sick leave a year. OTRD also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. The annual salary for this position is $31,200.
The person in this position will be responsible, under the direction of an Executive Housekeeper, for cleaning cabins and other facilities, within the park.
The functions within this job family may include the following:
• Sweeps, dust, mops, scrubs, washes, vacuums, waxes, and polishes building floors, walls, woodwork, windows, furniture, equipment, and hardware.
• Cleans and sanitizes laboratories, washrooms, and bedrooms, and keeps washrooms supplied with paper, towels, and soap.
• Collects and disposes of trash and garbage; moves equipment and furniture such as beds, tables, and chairs.
• Performs sanitary inspections in designated areas for purposes of infection control.
• Replaces and removes medically contaminated sharps and/or medically soiled and contaminated dressings and supplies.
• Observes and reports safety violations; actively participates in emergency situations.
• Maintains necessary records; prepares required reports.
This is the entry-level of this job family where employees are assigned routine work involving sweeping, mopping, dusting, disposing of trash, and other simple cleaning duties. Training will be provided in completing more advanced tasks, such as the disposal of restricted or environmentally hazardous materials.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Required at this level include ability is required to follow oral and written instructions.
All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to submit to a background check.
Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment and Preplacement Testing: Upon a conditional offer of employment, applicants for safety-sensitive positions shall be required to submit to urinalysis to test for drugs. Appointment to a safety-sensitive position shall be contingent upon a negative drug test result.