|Department||Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Date Opened||6/30/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/7/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEE, PLEASE APPLY TO THE “INTERNAL JOBS” LISTING HERE. DO NOT APPLY VIA THIS RECRUITMENT.
ODVA is seeking to hire Health Screeners for a State Veterans Home, located in Claremore, OK. This is a temporary, non-benefited position that will work varying hours (24-28 per week) Sunday-Saturday. The pay rate for this position is $11.68 per hour.
This position is the first in-person point of contact for the Claremore Veterans Center. They are responsible for ensuring health safety measures are being adhered to when visitors, staff, and residents enter the Center. This position requires a high level of trust, accountability, and the ability to maintain confidential information.
• Greeting staff, residents, and visitors.
• Check employee, resident, and visitor temperatures using non-contact infrared thermometers.
• Complete screening questionnaires with all individuals entering the building.
• Ensuring all individuals entering the Claremore Veterans Center are wearing masks and/or handing out masks as necessary.
• Ensuring all individuals use hand sanitizer prior to entering the Claremore Veterans Center.
• Maintain a detailed log of daily screenings
• Sanitation of screening station
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
• Requires ability to work independently under general direction
• Must be able to take precise notes
• Must have interpersonal skills in dealing with the public, as well as the ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with department heads and co-workers
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with HIPAA and all other compliance standards per policy
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times, stressful environment
• Minimum Required: High School Diploma/GED
• Experience in healthcare setting preferred (not required)