|Department||Department of Education|
|Date Opened||6/30/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/14/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I
OFFICE OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY, OKLAHOMA COUNTY, OKLAHOMA CITY REGION
The Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE) is the primary agency charged with overseeing K-12 public education in Oklahoma. We work directly with the state’s 500+ school districts and the legislature to ensure that Oklahoma students receive the quality education they deserve. If you are looking for a rewarding career that positively affects the lives of children, you are in the right place! For more about OSDE please visit our website at www.sde.ok.gov.
Provide administrative and clerical support for the Office of English Language Proficiency (ELP). This role will support various office functions including preparing correspondence, answering phones, monitoring office inventory and ordering supplies, maintaining calendars, and various other assignments as needed.
Less than 10% travel required.
This position is eligible to telework up to two (2) day a week after supervisor approval and completion of initial training. A Telework Agreement is required upon hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
· Work is typically performed in a climate-controlled office setting with exposure to moderate noise. While performing the duties of the job, employee is frequently required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long periods of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
· Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine/printer, office telephone;
· Frequently ascends/descends stairs;
· Frequently communicates with others accurately and effectively;
· Frequently lift up to 25 lbs.
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis;
· Successful completion of a pre-employment background check;
· Must possess a US driver’s license to perform necessary job-related travel.
Generous benefit allowance in addition to salary to off-set insurance costs
More information at https://www.ebd.ok.gov
11 Paid Holidays
15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year
Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS) participation with all contributions paid by the employer
More information at https://www.ok.gov/TRS
Employee Assistance Program
Longevity Bonus for years of service
The Oklahoma Department of Education provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OSDE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned; This job description is subject to change at any time. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time with or without notice.
· Proof of high school or GED;
· Two (2) years of clerical experience
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL
· Possess strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills; Possess excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines; Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills; strong supervisory and leadership skills;
· Have the ability to exercise good judgment in analyzing situations and making decisions; take initiative in developing improved procedures; organize and present facts and opinions clearly and concisely;
· Take a proactive approach and work independently; meet deadlines consistently;
· Collaborate as a team player with other agency staff to deliver quality programs and services;
· Be adept at interacting with people of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds, embracing diversity and inclusion;
· Demonstrate excellent planning and organizational skills; attention to detail; Have the ability to function well in a high-paced and at time stressful environment;
· Have the ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate;
· Be attentive to detail and committed to excellence in all aspects of work;
· Conscientious commitment and willingness to provide courteous, consistent, and efficient customer service through the performance of the prescribed job duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
· Maintain extensive personal calendar, scheduling and coordinating speaking engagements, conferences and meetings;
· Make travel arrangements, prepare travel claims, and reimbursements for all office staff;
· Professionally work with venues to organize conferences, trainings, and meetings;
· Maintain and archive records for division;
· Maintain office supplies and quarterly input requisitions for needed supplies;
· Other requisitions submitted upon an as needed basis;
· Receive visitors and dispose of inquiries personally or by referral to the appropriate section;
· Independently research, locate, assemble, collate, edit and summarize materials, information, and data for administrative, board, or commission consideration or action; record and transcribe proceedings of meetings and conferences as needed;
· Compose correspondence requiring a thorough knowledge of agency procedures and policies;
· Input and manage printing requests;
· Organize and maintain files and records of a confidential, complex or otherwise sensitive nature;
· Properly maintain and archive business files for the department including purchasing and budget records;
· Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to effectively represent the professional goals of the State Department of Education;
· Perform related work as required and assigned.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.