|Department||School of Science and Mathematics|
|Date Opened||6/30/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/14/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,000/year plus benefits.|
|Full or Part Time||
Submit resume, cover letter, and three references to:
Shannon Gorbet, CFO
Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics
1141 N. Lincoln Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
$52,000/year plus benefits
Staff Accountant/Procurement Specialist
The Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics (OSSM) is a two-year residential high school for academically gifted students in science and mathematics. OSSM’s vision is to be Oklahoma’s premier residential STEM school creating a world of possibilities and life changing opportunities.
OSSM now seeks applicants with qualifications for a Staff Accountant/Procurement Specialist. This position will be responsible for assisting with the agency’s financial operations, purchasing, and asset management.
• Assists in the development of accounting systems and procedures for recording revenues and expenditures; including payroll expenses, supply and equipment purchases, contracting costs and other financial transactions
• Maintains various ledgers, journals, registers and other fiscal records; allocates revenues to appropriate functions; classifies expenditures and posts to various accounts as needed;
• Determines payroll requirements; maintains payroll data; prepares and processes monthly payrolls
• Implements and enforces agency policies and procedures concerning procurement to ensure compliance consistent with state requirements
• Develops and monitors agency wide contracts and contract specifications; evaluates bids and recommends award of contracts
• Maintains acquisition files on all purchases and contracts completed by the agency
• Responsible for asset management, including conducting and maintaining complete inventory of agency assets
• Assists in the planning of operational or financial audits and other reviews to ensure financial accountability, ensure compliance with established standards and enhance agency operating procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and theories; of financial statements and reports; of accounting ledgers and journals; and of computer technology related to accounting systems
• Ability is required to prepare basic financial statements and reports; to review and analyze financial information; and to maintain routine accounting data in appropriate ledgers and journals
• Knowledge of and ability to apply federal and state laws and regulations on procurement procedures; of maintenance of the official agency procurement records and reports; ability to evaluate bids and award contracts
• Communicate concisely both orally and in writing; and establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Experience with PeopleSoft/Oracle and knowledge of the State of Oklahoma Central Purchasing Act is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a closely related field and three years of experience. Procurement experience preferred. Must obtain Certified Procurement Officer certification within first 12 months of employment.