A resume and cover letter must be submitted with your application.
As a Senior Security Engineer with OMES you will enjoy:
• Generous leave including 15 days of vacation, 15 days of sick leave and 11 paid holidays annually.
• A comprehensive Benefit Package with a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
• Full-time 40-hour work weeks.
• Support the Cyber Command division of OMES
• Salary up to: $100,000 based on education and experience.
• Hybrid Work Schedule
• Proactively identify vulnerabilities and threat actors targeting State information assets.
• Capture threat actors to analyze attack vectors, techniques, tactics and procedures.
• Learn existing defensive toolsets to become a capable subject matter expert where assigned
• Assist senior leadership in the development of security policies, standards, and strategies.
• Analyze security management systems, enterprise systems, and data files to validate security.
• Utilize threat intelligence platforms, intrusion detection/prevention systems and deceptive technologies to identify vulnerabilities, attack patterns and signatures.
• Perform/participate in security audits, identify security gaps, and develop/implement risk mitigation solutions.
• Support incident response and investigation, reporting to the appropriate authorities utilizing forensic best practices.
• Provide management with risk assessment briefings on products and/or services.
• Collect, analyze, synthesize, and share intelligence briefs.
• Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to peers/teammates. May act as a lead or first-level supervisor.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position works in a comfortable office setting with a computer for a large percentage of the workday. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild. Occasional travel may be required. Due to the nature of incident response and investigative work, this position will be expected to be responsive outside normal office hours and will require some nights/weekends.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services provides excellent service, expert guidance and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. We are a highly qualified workforce committed to serve those who serve Oklahomans and make government run in the most efficient, innovative manner possible.
OMES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities may be provided upon request.
Requirements include Security+ certification and a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university and six years of information security experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 12 semester hours in computer science or management information systems course work for each year of the required experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess
• Industry recognized certification (CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc.)
• 3+ years of experience in utilizing security-relevant tools, systems, and applications in support (Nessus, Splunk, Metasploit, Burpsuite, Wireshark, Kali Linux, etc.)
• PowerShell, Bash, Python scripting, and coding abilities.
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.